1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my new duramax with hiniker V

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cattrader, Nov 21, 2007.

1. cattrader

cattrader Member
    from pa

heres my new gmc 3500 with my hiniker V mounted up.

gmc plowtruck 002.jpg

gmc plowtruck 001.jpg

gmc plowtruck 004.jpg

gmc plowtruck 003.jpg

gmc plowtruck 005.jpg
  2. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Nice rig. I love 3500 SRWs. I think you might need to give your torsion bars a few cranks. It looks like its squatting a little when the blade is lifted and I noticed the blade isn't sitting completely flush with the ground when in V. Just a suggestion.

Where in PA are you from?
  3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Whew! She looks heavy up front!

Looks nice, should be a money maker!

Also throw some sand bags in the bed, it will help with the front diving so much
  4. cattrader

cattrader Member
    from pa

pittsburgh. there are timbrens on the truck 2!!
  5. cattrader

cattrader Member
    from pa

that pic is with timbrens up front!! put em on last night. there'll be a ton and a half of salt in the bed when plowing. hope she holds up!!
  6. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I'm from Butler. Wow that must be one heavy front end with the diesel, the quad cab and that V hanging from the front. I hope we get some snow soon so you can try out your new truck.
  7. cattrader

cattrader Member
    from pa

me and you both buddy!! that fuel price sign by your name is the honest to god truth!!
  8. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

so what do you run for ballast with that, 5-6

9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Man that thing sags, nice truck and plow though! I am near pittsburgh too, McKees Rocks:waving:
  10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck, best you can buy!!
  11. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

That thing sags BAD for a one ton! I would be very disappointed if I paid good money for the HD truck and that was what happened with the plow in the air
  12. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

if you stop fast at a light you might be able to look like some of those crotch rocket riders.
  13. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

Yeah that sags pretty good. I'd look into it. Otherwise nice truck!
  14. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I also agree, nice truck. but as to the continues comments about sagging and How i would be upset is silly. You truce was not designed for that blade, period.I'm 99.9% sure you don't have the plow prep package and you most likely recommended a 7.5 strait blade from the plow mfg's. Look We know the 1 ton rating is for the bed not 4 feet canter levered from the front axial.
    Ok so know that I vented, lots of us push it, I too. But I have seen guys run timbrins 4-5 cranks and proper ballast behind the rear axial and have it look level again. General rule of thumb. If it looks unsafe, it probably isn't.90 percent of the guys filling the bad to counterweight the plow are adding more weight to the front, it has to be behind the rear axial to transfer the weight from the front to the back.
  15. topdj

topdj Senior Member

shows us a photo with the ballast in there, I like to see how it sits then?
  16. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

sweet truck but if thats with timbrens take them back....it doesnt look like they did you any good
  17. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I don't know how you can say that!! Look at the sag that thing has even with Timbrens!! I guess thats what happens when you have the same front end as a Pontiac!
  18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Are you kidding me! Who cares about sag? The GM front end holds up extremely well and I have a 98,01 and a 02 that have had 9'2 Boss's on them since new. My 07 NBS has the same suspension as the OBS that's why I bought it! I don't know why guys run down a guys new pride and joy. I keep my thoughts to myself in the Ford and Dodge threads.
  19. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Nice truck man, my next truck will definetly be a 3500 SRW. Hope you make some cash with it this season.
  20. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

very nice truck. i like it. i would look into the front end a bit more though. if for no other reason than that you might be ripping up peoples grass. and i dont mean with the blade.