1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new Driveway truck

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by flykelley, Dec 7, 2009.

1. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Guys
    Here is my new to me YJ, its a 93 model. Plow came from Jerres Service in Erie PA. Still need to add springs and shocks. Carrying 300 pounds in the back end.

Regards Mike

jeep plow 003.jpg

jeep plow 001.jpg

jeep plow 002.jpg
  2. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

OOO! a manual! wesport :cool: I plow with a manual. I love it
  3. Montosi82

Montosi82 Member

Jeep looks awesome. How did you mount the lights on the hard top? I'm picking up my plow for my jeep tommorow.. should have some picks in a few days.
  4. flykelley

The hardtop is only for the winter,in the summer this will be my truck to go check on the crew. So I took a piece of 12x12 1/8 thick flat stock, painted both sides and then used fast set windshield uratheane. This stuff is not cheap about 20 bucks a tube but if both surfaces are clean and dry it will hold forever. Got this light off of ebay for $120 bucks. It is very bright.

Regards Mike
  5. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

one word nice
  6. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I've been waiting for you to post some pics Mike! Looks good, thats a driveway rig for sure.
  7. flykelley

Been busy trying to get it ready, still have a few things to do, but we can plow with it if we need to.

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

I like it...i'll be operating a similar setup as soon as I can sell my bike and get a Jeep Wrangler...it will be my daily driver and "smaller event" driveway rig.
    How much the Blizzard set you back if I may ask?
  9. flykelley

I paid Jerre $2500.00 installed, came with a extra hose and he just serviced it while I was there. he had to make a custom mount fir it also. Plus the gas to get get to Erie PA but to spend as day hanging with Jerre is priceless IMOP.

Regards Mike
  10. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I think once you use the Jeep, you wont want to use the truck on driveways at all.
    That controller is HUGE
    I was thinking of a blizzard for my Jeep, is that a speed wing?
    let us know how you like it
  11. flykelley

No its a custom set of wings made from a old 680LT if I am not mistaken.

Regards Mike
  12. mrmagnum

mrmagnum Senior Member

Looks like a nice setup. Best of Luck with it!
  13. atclarkson

atclarkson Member

purdy. really thinking this may be the route i go next year. Let us know how she works out compared to the pickup
  14. flykelley

About half of my driveways are either a circle at the end or a courtyard, plowing them with the big trucks was slow and a pain in the a**. This should speed things up a bit and I now have a back up truck.

15. atclarkson

atclarkson Member

makes sense to me.

Most of my driveways (I only do driveways, and have one very small 4plex drive) are in town 2 car drives... not much room to maneuver on the road.
  16. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

Got two myself...like them better than my automatic.

One word of advise.....clutches are real easy to roast when the snows heavy or sig ice build up...the reason why the employees drive the auto.
  17. jdadjstr

jdadjstr Junior Member

Can you post pics of the back side of the plow, I'm curious to see how the wings are attached. Looks great!
  18. FondySnowPlowin

FondySnowPlowin Junior Member

Nice outfit...Have a great season!
  19. atclarkson

atclarkson Member

How is it working out? I'm pretty hooked on this idea for next season...

ps how big is the blade?
  20. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

i run a manual truck to
    i wish it was an auto cuz i mostly do driveways