1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new Dodge

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NLS1, Nov 23, 2007.

1. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Here is my 06 that I bought new this spring. I sold the 97 F350 and put the plow on this truck. I put in a Hell Bent Steel leveling kit and it has 1000lbs of ballast.
    I installed the 9'2" poly Boss myself this time, well worth the $500 I would have spent.
    Made a bracket for the ST2 controller to put it in just the right spot! It is totally removable with no holes drilled anywhere.
    Also painted the boss plug bracket and installed to bottom of the bumper.
    I also wired the back up lights to a relay in the engine bay and mounted the switch in the little hole plug in the dash under the light switch. Mounted the lights under bumper back a ways so hopefully I won't destroy them too soon:D
    Forgot to put the light bar on for the pics. We didn't get any real snow, just enough to be a PITA and get everything dirty.
    Hope these pics work!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

2. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Here is a couple more pics

Close up of switch for backup lights and a couple of controller mount, and one more of truck.
    Can't wait to plow with it! I will probably add Timbrens in the front and rear soon. But it does seem to hold the weight very well with the leveling kit and all the ballast. Rides pretty nice too. It better, with such a long wheel base:D
    Also plan to put the www.backdragsnow.com edges in too.

3. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

nice cummins. Hows the mega cab?
  4. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Love it! So much room, and even though it is long, it still turns sharp.
    You can fold the seats down and the kids sleep back there on road trips.
    Unless it was only a designated work truck, I wouldn't have it any other way.
  5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Very Nice Cummins!!!!
  6. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Thanks you guys.

BRAAAP Senior Member

That is one sweet rig!!!!! :nod:
  8. yard5864

yard5864 Senior Member

Put my edge on the beginning of last season, and love it. It is awesome if you do a lot of resi backdrags.

BETHELSKIER Senior Member

Nice looking Dodge. I like the back up lights as well.I might have to try something like that.
  10. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet truck!:bluebounc
  11. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

Great lookin' truck! Nice work on the install.
    Best of luck with it this year!
  12. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

WOW thats nice, it doesn't look like the front comes down an inch.
  13. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Thanks for all the great comments guys, fun to see you guys like it too.
    It has been fun with all the install stuff, I think me and the Dodge bonded or something:jester:
    It actually does drop a little in the front, it's just that I cheated with the leveling kit and 1000lbs of ballast! But it does hold the weight really well.
    It is the longest plow truck I have plowed with over the years, but the creature comforts are the best, so it will be worth it! My last truck was a little heavier sprung, but didn't have a cup holder or power anything. It was a really tough truck, tough to sit in for 30 hours that is. I am glad to hear that the back drag edge works so well too, that comes soon.

I hope you all have a great winter and make lots of $$ payuppayup
  14. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

:eek::dizzy: awesome dodge! Do you have the 6.7 or is it a 5.9?? go make some payup :drinkup:
  15. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

5.9 with no power adders yet!
  16. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Nice truck!
  17. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck! Yeah, we got the same kind of snow that you did, nothing but less than an inch of slush like stuff. I tried plowing a bit of it in a parking lot by me, because I have never plowed before! It was still pretty fun. Well anyway, good luck to you this year.
  18. mow & snow

mow & snow Member

Looking Good! Time to make some $.
  19. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Thanks again everyone

Thanks for all the nice comments guys!
    And Brantslawncare, good luck this season, glad you are plowing too, there is plenty to go around. Although it's not my first time, it is still exciting everytime! Foaming at the mouth for some snow!
    Hope all you in WI get hammered with snow too!
    Everyone post pics of any good storms in the midwest!
  20. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

very clean install man !!!! good work all you need now is some SNOW !!!!!!!!!:D