1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new custom turbo back straight piped exhaust....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Triple L, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Did some custom work on the MBRP exhaust today... This is as straight as they come, No cat and only 1 - 45 degree turn... Its crazy! :drinkup:

I think this is my trucks last winter... Its starting to get more and more crazy all the time LOL

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MwxQ3DN-lro&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MwxQ3DN-lro&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

2. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

I hope you dont plan on keep that wheel clean:nono:

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks really nice Chad. Say hi to my New Holland girl up in Drayton.

4. Triple L

from Canada

HAHAHA I will.. Hopefully she'll be there again....

Thats about as close to a stack as they come....

Im not worried about that tire getting dirty... I hardly drive this truck anyways LOL

5. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Put the cat back on.

6. Triple L

from Canada

So i can clog it up and ruin it? A cats not a DPF, its not gonna catch all that smoke

7. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Looking good!! Definately do not put the cat back on.

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good. And deffinetly leave the cat off.

9. Triple L

from Canada

I know, this is my 5th time doing the exhaust... I got it right this time....

1st time... MBRP 4" turbo back with muffler,
    2 -didnt like that, cut the muffler out...
    3- Stock exhaust back on for injector warranty work... 4 new injectors...
    4- cut the muffler out of the stock exhaust, had sooooo much back pressure black smoke was blowing out backwards from where the clamps are... Said F that, thats alot of pressure to have the flow turn around and go the other way...
    5- this current set up

10. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

hows the drone?

11. Triple L

from Canada

I dont know, I havent really drove the truck yet... Just drove it home from the shop last night which is about 2 minutes... But I sure loved every minute of it... Tomarrow its off to the pulls, The truck will be getting a free ride on the trailer up.... I probally wount know until next week...

12. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Look and sounds great Chad. I love the whistle. :nod:

13. Jto89

Jto89 Member

that sounds awsome. ill have to get a picture of mine i have the same thing 4" straight pipe with one 45 and then out infront of the rear tire. ive had it on for a year and i have only had one cop give me crab about it.

14. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

i want to cut my cat out too!! but i have 30k left on my Dmax warranty-

Sounds good by the way

15. Triple L

from Canada

Here's a pull video... couldnt hook up really good that night but it sure sounded good LOL

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9-sH7xeQPAs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9-sH7xeQPAs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

16. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Your truck sounds great. Nice pull too.

17. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Wont that wear out the tire more from the heat? Ya I know u get em cheap. Why take off the Cat off? I Melted my 6" backup light off when we re worked the exhaust so the air bags could fit on.

I doubt I could melt a tire off. Put a stack like JD has and then put one of the rain caps on that flaps LOL.

IMG00773-20100712-1338.jpg

18. Triple L

from Canada

Im not worried about melting the tire... You can see the smoke blows infront of it, not at it like your pic.... I wanted a stack but this is more practicle and is less restrictive in all honesty... I still do use my truck every now and then... Having all my snow shovells stuck to the stack wouldnt be too cool...

19. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

LOL right. Why does yours smoke so much? Wait you shovel sidewalks?

20. Triple L

from Canada

Darn right I still shovell, My head isnt that high up in the sky..... Altho I use a 36" shovell most of the time...

It smokes cause I call it the dirtymax LOL