1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new curb guards

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kemmer, Dec 30, 2006.

1. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

My new stainless curb guards

2. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Sorry if this is a "dumb" question. But what exactly do they do, and/or how do they help?
  3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

If you are running up along a curb its gonna do 2 things. Gouge out the curb and wear the hell out of the sides and corners of your blade. The guards prevent and protect both.
  4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

not to burst your bubble, but those really pretty bolt-ons look a tad under-sized for the task at hand. In the bottom left-hand picture it looks as if the weld at the mold board still sticks out farther?

Curb guards are nice to have though, hope they work out for you. Did you make them yourself?
  5. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

The bolts are from the cutting edge, and the mold board isnt sticking out, its just an illusion.

My dad's shop made them
  6. lazerslicer

lazerslicer Member

How thick was the s.s. used 1/2"???? cause im wondering if its thick enough?
  7. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

no its 1/4, will see how it works out, ill just make a new thicker one if these fail, but i dont plan on really using these, hopefully i wont be toooooo close to the curbs
  8. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

Fisher makes a pair of curb guides to, they just look like big long chunks of cast sticking out an inch on either side.
  9. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

Curb guards?

I usually wait till I see a stream of asphalt flying off the blade then I steer a little bit back to the left.....haha