1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new Cub Cadet motorized Salt Spreader!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NJ Plowman, Feb 13, 2008.

1. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Finally got to use it this morning! wesport

It is the latest in high-tech, million dollar salters for the rich and famous! :eek:

DSCN0001.jpg

DSCN0002.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg

DSCN0004.jpg

DSCN0005.jpg

2. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

hmmm... can you put a plow on it? because that would be just awesome for sidewalks.. plow and salt all in one. Plus, if its got a motor, and probably cost as much as way too much... why cant it hold more then 125 lbs? Sweet contraption either way

3. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

ok if u dont mind what did that set u back. and thats one nice piece of equipment u have

4. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

Forgot to ask, does it steer, or is it like a snow blower... looks like you can ride on it so i'd think it would steer but i don't see how

5. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Looks good

6. jjtmarineb2

jjtmarineb2 Member

Looks like it pivots in the middle like a wheel loader. :salute:

7. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Dude, that thing looks sweet.

8. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

Check out pic #2. You can see the pivot point. It's right underneath the front of the motor, just to the left of that white tube.

9. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Nice! Is it cheaper then a perma-green?

10. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

wow ,, kinda looks like the lesco brand riding spreader ..

11. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice machine

12. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

It is articulated, it pivots in the middle much like a wheel loader. It has a 6hp Kawasaki Engine and a Hydrostatic Transmission. You just hop on the back and away you go! It holds two and a half bags of Salt/Peladow, but it pulls a 300lb guy in addition to the salt! It has a stainless frame, and seems to be commercial quality so far. wesport

My guys talked me into purchasing it for some condo sidewalks, they also talked me into buying the Polaris ATV we just got. It is set up with a plow and salter. I was just going to use the salt spreader on the Polaris, but this was way cooler and I figured that I would be the first guy on plowsite with one so I couldn't resist! :p

I think it probably cost more than most of my plow trucks, but I will get the exact figure and let you know... :dizzy: payup

13. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

They sold for $2900 last year. Nice machines, price probably went up by now.

14. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Dude that thing is sick!!! Any pics of the quad with the salter?

15. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Ya I would like too see some pics of the quad too!

16. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

they dont list them on there website ????

17. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

.....it holds 2 bags of how many kg's??? I'm guessing that would be 2 salt bags of 40kg each? Let us know how productive the machine is, then mabe I'll get one!xysport

18. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Heres the hybrid version!!! & looks like the v-plow has no trip edge.:eek:

ridingsalter1.jpg

19. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

I wish they did!

Thats the biggest downer of these.

20. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Hey Nice Pic

Hey Nice Pic

Not nice to use others work as you own :(

But I would guess you would know that since you are using an image I shot back a few weeks ago at the show in Toronto.... guess that happens when a member posts a photo.... others just grab it and post as they see fit.... just venting... guess I am suffering from snow fall overload this season...

Al