1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My New Chevy

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by fordmstng66, Dec 8, 2008.

1. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I finally got around to taking some pics. It is a little dirty.

2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Sweet Truck
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking truck, congrats.
  4. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

looks like a money maker
  5. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Looks great, but I figured with a name like 1966 Ford Mustang you'd be driving a Superduty, plus it would look better towing that classic to car shows :p
  6. fordmstng66

I am a Ford guy, and some day i will be able to afford a Superduty. The silverado was a good deal, and i could not pass it up, when i was looking not many Ford dealers had f-250's on the lot. The stang got t-boned in North Carolina a few years ago, so no car shows for a while. More like bike runs, and bike nights for now.
  7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

The plow looks good on the truck!! Glad to see it finally all came together for you. Now go make some payup That is if we ever get a decent snowfall, lol
  8. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

nice truck
  9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice truck, it seems like that color truck would hide dirt better than alot of other trucks
  10. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Nice truck. Nothing like a new GM product!
  11. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

I was thinking the same thing...
  12. fordmstng66

thanks tom. Yeah that inch or snow of snow we got for Sunday just wasn't enough to test the truck out. I still have to put my strobes in.
  13. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

use alot of cation when drilling those new head lighs. personally i would go with lin3/6 n the grill

shure ford makes a nice car but then u want a truck gotta get a GM
  14. TLB

TLB Senior Member

even dirty it looks great!
  15. fordmstng66

Thanks for the warning, i had been debating using the lin3/6 for the front, and the strobes for the back.
  16. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy Member

Can you give an honest answer to real mpg. I have been looking to get 2 new 3500 SRW Regular cabs WT with the 6.0. We have been getting only 11.5 out of our 3 Dodge 24 valve diesels. We used to do better but the age and mostly the ultra low sulfur diesel has dropped the mpg down a couple. We used to 13 to 13.5 pulling 20 foot trailers with 3 72" mowers. With diesel 1.50 more per gallon its not worth it if those trucks can get 9 mpg pulling around town yard to yard. We can get a new truck 4x4 3500 SRW for $19500 just really been considering it. give empty and loaded figures if you got any.

17. fordmstng66

I have never really calculated the MPG. I am sure there is a post on here somewhere that someone has posted the MPG of the new trucks. I will try and figure it out, the truck was mostly highway mileage, now i have a beater car, so it will just be for snow unless my beater dies.
  18. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Just curious, where'd you find the mount for that plow?
  19. fordmstng66

it is a ultra mount truck side mount, with a unimount to ultra mount conversion. I was able to get both at local dealers.
  20. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

That makes sense. I probably could have looked closer... Nice truck!