1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My New Cherokee Add-Ons

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by whitelite, Jan 3, 2013.

1. whitelite

whitelite Member

Just thought I would post my latest changes to my 99 XJ.

1. Labaron Hood Vents: XJ's are notorious for over heating when worked hard four wheeling or heavy snow plowing and will vapor lock until they cool down. This has worked wonderfully. --gets the heat out from under the hood.

2. Sno-Wings: Looked at quite a few wings and went with Sno-Wings by Ace Equipment. Super heavy duty (100 lbs), thicker steel and 1 1/2" thick rubber edge,--don't know why it took me so long to get wings--amazing.

3. Air Bags: I've got air shocks all around, plus OME heavy duty springs, but with the ABR Front Bumper, and the additional 100 lbs. Sno-Wings, I wanted more suspension help. So with the air bags and the air shocks it only squats 1/2" when I pick up the plow. :) ---and the ride is much, much better--love it!!!

4. 1 1/2" Wheel Spacers: Broke some snow chains last season when the chains rubbed on the edge of the rear leaf springs. Checked around and this is what I came up with. Also--haven't tried it yet and really don't want to get into a situation that would require it----but the manual says not to put chains on the front and for good reason; there just isn't the room--they will hit the coil springs. With the spacers they won't.

Anyway, that's it and hopefully--that's it. :)

2. cjshloman

cjshloman Senior Member

Pics of the wings??

3. whitelite

whitelite Member

I'll take some tomorrow and see if I can post it.

4. whitelite

whitelite Member

Hope these pictures come out OK. Sno-Wings use 1/4" steel and 1 1/2" rubber blade, my plow is a 6.5' Meyer.

Ja'el Boots and Jeep upgrades 002.jpg

Ja'el Boots and Jeep upgrades 003.jpg

Ja'el Boots and Jeep upgrades 005.jpg

Ja'el Boots and Jeep upgrades 004.jpg

Ja'el Boots and Jeep upgrades 007.jpg

5. cjshloman

cjshloman Senior Member

ok. they look just like pro wings....what do those run $$ ?

6. whitelite

whitelite Member

Yep--- none of the "wings" look that much different. I was going to go with Pro-Wings, but after reading threads on them and some that had issues with bending and rubber edges wearing out fast. I wanted something more heavy duty.

These run about $350 or so for a Western and more for the Meyer because of the extra brackets. Sno-Wings were originally made for large County plow trucks in Colorado and people liked them so well they decided to fabricate them for smaller residential and commercial plowers.