1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new buy How did i do

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by honda12967, Jul 29, 2010.

1. honda12967

honda12967 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my first plow my boss found it for me with one of his friends, he said it came off a chevy 2500 with the same boy style as my 2000 chevy 1500. I got this plow for $1500 with everything wiring and mounts complete setup. The plow is a 2005 meyer c-8 7.5" , I'm new to owning my own plow. I've worked for a few people doing the sidewalks and that stuff in the condos and commercial lots, I'm only 18 but I want to step it up and start doing my own plowing. Do you think that the mounts would be the same and a good buy for the money. Thanks guys

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

now you just need to find a new camera :laughing: looks good though!

3. honda12967

honda12967 Member

Haha yaa its off a cheap camera phone, maby a good excuse for a new one.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is it a C-8 or a C-7.5? It can't be both.

Probably a decent buy (a little tough to tell from the pics) depending on your local market but you will require a different mount if you're installing it on a 1500 so that'll eat into the decent deal by a fair margin.

But overall, not bad for your first one. It's all a learning curve from here on out. :waving:

5. honda12967

honda12967 Member

[​IMG]

My boss said it was a 7.5 but i didnt measure it. It does make sense that the 8 in the model number stands for 8 ft thought.

6. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

Looks like a good plow for a fair price.

7. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

Looks like a great deal! I bought my C8 this spring for $1200, it was used quite a bit being an 06 with no paint left on the moldboard. But I do live in the mountains of CO where we get 350" of snow per year :D Just remember, you don't have to spend 5-6K bucks to make some good $$$$

8. tastebeer

tastebeer Member

Yes, that is an 8ft plow. C stands for 'contractor' series, that is the heaviest plow meyers made for PU's