1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new blizzard!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BigBurban, Nov 2, 2005.

1. BigBurban

BigBurban Member

Got my plow on a few weeks ago and finally got some time to get a couple pictures of it.

Plow: Blizzard 860
    Truck: Chevy 2500HD CC Duramax/Allison, 3" body lift on 35" BFG's

LET IT SNOW:gunsfiring:
  2. MD Power Plow

MD Power Plow Senior Member

Nice setup. Keep the Blizard croud updated on how it performs!:drinkup:
  3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking set up..:cool:

JRKRACE Senior Member

How exactly did you get all of that to fit?......Lift kit? Timbren's...A lot of plow for that set-up but seems to take it better the other DMAX trucks I've seen...
  5. Jim Prill

Jim Prill Member
    from Zion Il

I was wondering what size tires are on those h2 rims. They look so nice on your truck!!!:cool:
  6. gkm

gkm Senior Member

7. BigBurban

BigBurban Member

T-bars are up about 6 turns to level the truck out without the plow on. No timbrens or anything else. I plan to add atleast #500 of ballast to the back once the snow comes.

Tires.......The fronts are 35x12.5 and the rears are 35x14.5. They are take off from the CORR race trucks. I have an extra set of 12.5 wides that may go on for winter but i will see how these things like the snow first.
  8. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

How depressing....a straight blade Blizzard. :rolleyes:

Why didn't you get the 810? :confused:
  9. BigBurban

BigBurban Member

All i plow are 3 res. drives for family.

The 860 installed was $2900.....I couldnt justify another $1000+ for the 810
  10. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Just that there are a lot of straight blades that are good out there. The advantages of a Blizzard disappear quick when you get wing-less.

But, ....if you have a good local dealer, and you get it cheap (sounds like you did), you'll likely be fine.
  11. BigBurban

BigBurban Member

I shopped around for a while looking at boss and western and the blizzard. It was a toss up between the three since the dealers are all within 2 miles of me. I chose the blizzard because of price and quality.

The blizzard factory is only about 4 hours north from here with many dealers within an hour drive.