1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my new blizzard and quad

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by WHITE=GREEN, Feb 4, 2002.

1. WHITE=GREEN

WHITE=GREEN Senior Member

97' F-350 w/ blizzard power plow and 02' yamaha grizzly 660 w/ 48" plow and curtis fast cast 175 spreader.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2002
  2. WHITE=GREEN

woops,lets try this again.

dsc00036.jpg

3. WHITE=GREEN

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

looks good. why dont you put a plow on the bobcat?

5. WHITE=GREEN

mostly use it for loading salt trucks. we actually just got done building a snow/light material bucket for it, just have to mount the bob-tach and it will be set. made a 84"wide, 36"deep, 30" tall from some 1/4" steel plate a buddy had sitting around. thinking of making a power angle plow for it next. we want to see how the bucket works first. i dont know if a power angle plow would be more productive or not. oh well only have about $200 wrapped up in the bucket anyway.

6. copandplower

copandplower Member

Steve,
    Your rig looks great. Ive been checking out those blizzard plows
    on their web site, they seem to be an awsome unit. Looks good on your white Ford.

7. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

Nice looking truck and quad good thing about quad is you can use it for work and play:D

8. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Were you able to get your 12 1/2 " ? I see you have oversized tires, did that cause a height problem?

It's getting to be that "Blizzard" is not such a dirty word anymore !
    Nice truck, but it needs a red stripe on the bottom. :D

9. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

How is the blizzard? easy to hook up? what about doing fluid changes in the cylenders and pump? and other maintaince.

10. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Hook up couldn't be simpler, you drive up to the plow, activate a power switch in the cab, plug in the plow harness, flip a toggle switch that hydraulically cinches the plow to the truck, insert two easily accessable hitch pins, raise the kickstand and your done.

The plow frame has funnel shaped receivers that guide the plow in to place, no crow bars or pulling needed. It sounds like a lot of steps but it takes about a minute and there is no physical exertion.

As for maintainance, the angle cylinders are readily accessable, the lift cylinder will take a few minutes to remove and I didn't notice if the pump had a drain or not. I would think you could disconnect a hose and pump in to a bucket. The resevoir is opaque so you can see when it's empty so as not to run the pump dry.

I don't know if you've been following my saga, but I've posted my experience with performance on another thread, "Blizzard plow update"

Last edited: Feb 4, 2002
  11. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

awesome setup, i like the big tires on the ford. also how about any other attachments for the atv?

12. matthew Urban

matthew Urban Senior Member

Good lookin rig,
    What size tires? (33's?)
    How do yo like the plow so far?
    matt

13. WHITE=GREEN

no other attachments for the quad YET. just ordered a bunch of hunting stuff, rifle scarab, front and rear gear bags, etc. from my buddy who works for yamaha directly. yamaha is blowing out their not so popular camo patterns in everthing they have. getting the stuff dirt cheap. as far as the tires they are 35" BFG AT's, and the truck has never been stuck, while plowing anyway, since i bought it new in 97'. havent had the chance to plow with the new blizzard yet but hopefully mother nature wil cooperate this coming week with some snow. if anyone is considering a blizzard i saw a guy on ebay that was selling them new in the box for $2400 plus shipping. unfortunatley i saw it a few days after i picked mine up.

14. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

One question does the light frame stay on the truck all the time and can you remove it in the summer?

15. WHITE=GREEN

the light frame comes off very easily by removing 2 bolts, just slides right off. i will probably remove the light bar and just use my trucks headlights when plowing. it sits so high i never had to use plow lights before. i also thought of wiring my truck headlights to stay on when i switch the plow lights on so ive got double the light. anyone ever try this?

16. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Check with your local authorities on the lighting issue. I can't say for sure, but the Town Highway Garage mechanic told me that in NY you must have one set or the other lit, but not both.

17. WHITE=GREEN

i think your right pelican but as long as i switch em off before going back onto public roads i should be fine. in other words just use the 4 light setup while doing private parking lots etc. just a thought.

18. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

on private property u can do whatever u want, wether it run blue purple pink and green and red lights, 5 sets of headlights or whatever u want lol :D :p

19. Avalanche Owner

Avalanche Owner Junior Member

Grizz Plow

I have a 99 600 Grizz with a 60 inch plow from cycle county.

The 600 does really well....I'll bet the 660 is even better....

Questions for you....

Why the 48 inch not the 60?? sidewalks??

also...

Do you have trouble backing up....if I back up at more than 1/2 throttle the ATV cuts out...I think it's a rev limiter for reverse....does the 660 have that??

Thanks

20. mxrdrvr3

mxrdrvr3 Junior Member

my polaris has a rev limiter in reverse also but it also has an override switch so I can full throttle in reverse and really smack something hard(hopefully not)so becareful they go fast and sometimes it can be hard to recover a mistake quickly in reverse before causing any damage by hitting something;)