1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my new blade

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by homebuilt, Dec 26, 2011.

1. homebuilt

homebuilt Junior Member

just a pic of my 8 foot diamond blade that i just got painted and mounted. powered by a fisher pump off a minute mount, ran by a set of "homebuilt" controls mounted on my stick shift. total cost is about $250 which includes building the truck side mount.

[​IMG]

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I would like to see pictures of your controls.

3. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

I would like to see pictures of your controls and mount, please.

4. homebuilt

homebuilt Junior Member

its nothing real fancy but it works, alot cheaper than a factory one, and works slicker than snail snot with my manual tranny.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That looks like a pretty nice slick set up.

6. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

how do u like that set up with the controls on the stick?

7. homebuilt

homebuilt Junior Member

i haven't got to try it out actually plowing. no snow to plow yet, last year we had almost 6 feet at this time (go figure). the dry run is perfect, i shift with my hand on the side of the shifter, which puts the switchs within perfect reach of my thumb. the one on the left you push up for up , and down for down. the switch on the right is for the angle, right and left respectivly. i spent two nights getting the wiring figured out. however once i figured it, it was stupidly simple.

8. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

Local guy around here has a dodge cummins that he did the same thing to with the controls, he said he would never go back to anything but that....