1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My New Back Rack with Code 3 mimi-lightbar pics!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mkwl, Jul 10, 2007.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Here's a few pics of my 17th B-Day present (a little early). I got a Back Rack and a Code 3 420 Blue mini-lightbar....Exactly the presents I was hoping for from my parents! I'm on my local ambulance corps (that's why the blue lights), I'll get an amber dome for plowing if need be. I got it all wired up last night with my Dad (lightbar is hard wired to dash switch)- it's awesomely bright at night and really bright during the day too! I've always wanted a Back Rack for my truck- now I've got one! Awesome B-Day presents! :D What do you think?

GMC with br and lb.jpg

GMC BR LB 2.jpg

GMC BR LB 3.jpg

2. payton

payton Senior Member

looks good

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Those lights against the color of the truck look sick!!

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

is it strobe or LED, i'm only familiar with whelen products? backracks are awesome

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

damn wish i had a truck likie that when i was 17:dizzy:

6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Thanks, It's for 2 halogen rotators in it- awesomely bright both day and night! The backrack is awesome for sure! :nod:

7. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Thanks, all paid upfront- no payments!wesport :nod:

8. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

paid upfront by your mommy and daddy :D

lol just kidding nice looking truck man.

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

haha, i should have said i wish my parents bought me a truck like that when i was 17.

10. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Not starting a war, but it seems to be far too often that youngsters are fed with the golden spoon. Oh well.... I know how hard I've worked for all I have.

~Kevin

11. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I paid for the truck in cash all myself, yes all $18,990 of it, I PAID FOR IT ALL MYSELF. I also pay for all of my gas, insurance and registration on the truck. Before you guys start making assumptions, get your facts first!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  12. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Another productive thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

yeah I saw this going south really fast :rolleyes: I like the truck :drinkup:

14. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

well, I don't think this thread HAS to go south and there really is no need for it to...he just wanted to post a picture of what he got for his birthday...I think everything looks great mkwl :nod:

15. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Same here....pay for EVERYTHING i own on my own,.i wouldn't have it any other way!! sucks how it seems like the older guys on here get jealous or don't believe it just because they stereotype kids these days as getting everything they want from their parents, we know the truth and can be proud of ourselves knowing that.... once again, nice rack and light....if you wanted to, you could wire that lightbar up via a quickconnect and get a mini edge amber light bar and wire it with the same plug so you can swap them out easily and just have the mini edge as a mag mount and you could put it in front of the blue one on the roof when you need it and take it off when you don't!
    -mike-

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  16. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

very nice bar and back rack mkwl!!!! Dont let these guys get to you. They are just grumpy:p You should be proud to be 17 and actually be able to SAVE money, especially almost 20 grand to pay cash for a truck like that. Keep on going like you are in the right direction, and you will go far!!! Good luck!!!

17. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Thanks, I appreciate it!

18. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Thanks Mike! The steriotype of kids being lazy is in some cases true, drives me crazy how people assume mom and dad buy me everything, when in reality I buy it all myself! I do have the lightbar on a quick disconnect, I figured I'd get an amber dome for the light towards the winter so I can switch the dome if I need to for plowing. I figure I'll also add some backup lights to the rack down the road sometime.

-Matt

19. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Thanks, I appreciate it!:nod:

20. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Your truck looks great and good for you for paying for it yourself. I'm still working on paying mine off!