1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new ASV SR80

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by LR3, Dec 19, 2011.

1. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

Picked this up to pair with a Kage system for this winter.:drinkup:

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

2. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

Nice ride! the fluid film is a nice touch

3. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

Thanks, gotta love the film.

4. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

I love asv's

5. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Never owned one but have heard good things about the ASV's. Good luck with it.

6. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Those cabs are tight aren't they?

7. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

ASV's are great, this is my second one. I still have the RC50. I love them. The cab is a little tight but I don't mind. It probably looks worse than it really is, in the pic of the controls I'm wearing baggy clothes making it look tighter. I'm of medium build and fit perfect.

8. shovelman

shovelman Member

Oh Man Need To go To confession now U are causing me to covet would love an 80 with a kage

9. A&J Landscaping

A&J Landscaping Senior Member

Very nice seem like good skid steers

10. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Lmfao. That was perty funny

11. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I have a PT80 with a K age, and I love it.

J.

12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice machine!
    I'm seeing a few more of them around my area. Do they have a 2spd option or some sort of transport speed quicker then 6ish mph?

13. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

Full throttle in second gear runs at 12mph for transport only. Forward and reverse though, you can't turn while in second gear, which makes sense.

14. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

You can turn in High when you are pushing snow or on a wet or slick surface., just not while on a dry surface

J.

15. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

Excellent. Thank you for the heads up, that's good to know. This one is new to me and aside from cleaning and greasing it up I haven't really toyed with it yet.

16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Think one would do ok turning while in High on grass/hay field?

I'm in the market for a machine and have found some ASV's but never considered them because I didn't know they were available with a 2spd. I'd be using it sometimes for picking up hay/straw bales and I'd probably drive myself crazy if having to constantly switch between hi/lo as I move around the field. Don't want to have to switch to lo to make corners in the field, I never "skid" the machine to make a corner or pivot it around sliding tires. That's hard on the field and hurts the potential for more cuttings. It would be all gradual turns.

Sorry to hijack the thread. :gunsfiring:

17. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

By all means. I'm learning with you.

18. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

You can turn, but its has to be a wide sweeping turn. You will have to down shift onces you start working around the bales, so you will end up shifting anyways.

ASVs do have 2 speeds in the PT60s, SR80, PT80, RC100 and PT100 models. I believe that some RC60s had it as well. The High gear lets you go from 10 to 12mph depending on model.

All of the New Terex wheel models have 2 speeds in them, but are a bit rough riding due to the lack of suspension that the track units have.

My old RC50 had a top speed of around 8 to 9 mph, but my RC85 would maybe go 7 mph and thats with a single speed.

J.

19. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Is 2 speed a standard feature in them or is it an option when the machine is new like most brands?

20. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Standard on the models I listed above.

J.