1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My New Artic Blades

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by JD Dave, Oct 25, 2008.

1. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I have to thank A-Man from Plowsite for going out of his way for a guy he has only met once. He brought my blades all the way back from Chicago, what a great guy. My wife was more thrilled then I was that he picked them up.:drinkup: I will get them mounted in the next week or so and I'll post pics then.

SANY0022.jpg

SANY0023.jpg

SANY0024.jpg

SANY0025.jpg

2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

NICE!

I just saw Arctics at the GIE Expo. They are pretty sweet, cant wait to see how they do for ya!

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks Doug, I can't wait either.

4. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Nice

What will those go on if you dont mind me asking? Looks like a quick tach of some sort.
    What about the specs? Very nice. Im liking the truck also... gm too, wow can't believe I admitted that and in writing too. Keep pushin

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

LOL. Sorry I should have said they are the light duty models, a 12 and 14 ft. The quick tach is for a skid steer I need to change them over to a global attachment for my loaders on my JD's.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

JD,they don't look as good as did at the show. Or maybe I was looking at the girl instead of the push boxes.:confused:

Looks good!

7. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Why the light duty? What type of tractors will you put these on? I just added a TV145 and was told not to put a pusher on the loader. Any suggestions on size and brand?

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I"d mount a light duty Protech, Avalanche or Artic 14ft on the loader. A freind of mine has 4 of them and he made up mounts that fit on where the loader goes on but he runs much larger blades. You won't have any problems with LD 14 on the loader. I find the light duty blades stand up well to my uses on most farm loaders, touch wood but I havn't bent a loader yet and we've been plowing with blades mounted on farm loaders for over 10 years. I also like the shorter molboard height for visiblity reasons, it allows us to get closer to cars and such. Also not a problem on the TV but on other tractors the front ends have trouble carrying the weight of a HD pusher. All our Horst pushers have spring loaded end plates and Artic has a floating end plate as well as a floating hitch, it will be nice to see how they work. Look in my album for tractor pics.

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

They didn't look like I pictured them either. LOL

10. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

They should look really good on the coffee getters JD ;)

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

But the Snoway is going on the coffee getter.:drinkup:

12. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

You must've wised up and bought a Dodge if you plan on pushing those plows around.

13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Why Dodge it, when you can Ram it. LOL

14. A Man

A Man Senior Member

QUOTE: I have to thank A-Man from Plowsite for going out of his way for a guy he has only met once. He brought my blades all the way back from Chicago, what a great guy. My wife was more thrilled then I was that he picked them up. I will get them mounted in the next week or so and I'll post pics then.

No problem Dave, it's almost as if they weren't even there, but I was driving a ford....... :drinkup: They are very nice looking pushers, I think they're going to work really well for you. The trip was a good time, well except Michigan roads.....I think I'm going to have to make a trip to the dentist as I have a feeling a few fillings may have come out. :dizzy:

Thanks to brookview for the two plows, and for doing such a great job loading me up. Well worth the trip!

plow and deck picks 088.jpg

plow and deck picks 091.jpg

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I bet that Ford never made it over 50mph. LOL I'm not sure I feel comfortable with your blade mounting my Artics. Too bad you didn't get that Ebling rear blade. Are you still going to get it?

16. A Man

A Man Senior Member

They were just so sexy that big wausau couldn't stay off...... yeah, I'm not sure what's happening there, but I sure my self or one of my guys will be going again soon enough. Might have it shipped, not sure.

17. 122fox

122fox Member

what was the price tag on those pushers??

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I preordered them in June and it was a little over 10K for both.

19. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

They look like they will move some snow. There all nice with new paint.

Well I can wait to see those in action if you know what I mean. At least you came back with a full load.

20. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Very nice Dave! i was thinking to myself the other day when you might be getting the new boxes. i cant wait to hear how they work out for you.