1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new and old plow truck pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bigmudder77, Jun 23, 2009.

1. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

ok well here is how i started out last year had a western plow set up and was gonna rig it to work on a bronco II i had but it lifted up the rear end when i picked up the plow so that wouldnt of worked out so sold the pump, lights, and controller then i traded a guy the plow and bracket for this simplicity plow mower it worked great for about 2 good uses from plowing my drive then the rear end gave out

so i had to look for another plow truck or mower but ended up finding this bronco II for $200 and found a plow that was made for it for $150 so i used that my other bronco was in the shop getting the front end worked on and this one i got had water in the oil but i just wanted it for my drive and a couple other people that were close to me so i could plow there drive

well the last big snow storm we got i plowed 3 peoples drive ways went to finish plowing my own drive and i got 10ft and blew the motor so wasnt too worried cause it was getting toward the end of the season

so this year i have been looking for a good plow truck and they are still a good amount of money and i didnt wanna have any thing rigged up so i have the bronco II that was in the shop all last winter fixed up and ready to be used as a back up im getting another mower whats gonna be used as a back up

but for now i got this truck 1999 dodge ram 2500 4x4 5.9L auto gas with a 7.6ft curtis plow set up the plow isnt that old and it works good BUT the BAD thing is the tranny is shot in this truck so im looking for a used one but if i cant find any thing cheap and good im just gonna get a reman for $1200 with a 3 year unlimited mile warrenty which would be great cause average junk yard tranny is 700-900 with alot of miles on them

so here are pics of some stuff i have enjoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bigmudder77

from wooster

this is the bronco i got last year to put the plow on guess i got rid of the pics i had when the plow was on

[​IMG]

and this is the bronco i have had for a while its pretty much an off road on i use it to move stuff around or push stuff on the trailer or this year its gonna be a back up you can see why i had to do the front end

[​IMG]

and that trailer the bronco was on was my old trailer that i got off ebay for $600 3 years ago 6.6ft by 16ft and its beat up sold this for $700 this spring

then the trailer i got the truck on is my new trailer 7ft by 16ft got it off craigslist for $700 and its great for hauling cars and trucks lol but not so good for hauling mulch but i can build sides

3. bigmudder77

from wooster

o and pulling that truck home with my 2002 dodge ram 1500 4x4 auto 4.7L motor was a haul couldnt do over 55mph or the trailer and truck would swap bad so had to drive 65 miles on the highway at around 50-55mph at night

and my truck did pretty good pulling about 8,000-9,000lbs lol