1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new Aluminum for the summer!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 07PSDCREW, May 2, 2013.

1. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Hey all. Just wanted to share my new stuff I put on my truck. I love it. I know some here may hate it but eh...
    I plan to add 4 of the 3/4" Maxxima clear 3 led lights on each side of the up post of the Pro-Tech soon, just waiting for those to come in. So here goes...
    Before...
    [​IMG]
    After...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Toolbox/51 gallon fuel combo...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  2. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

3. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Nice truck, that bed needs some Line-X though.

4. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Nahh. No bedliner for me. Had a spray on in my last truck. It WAS black, and sun faded to grey within 1.5 yrs. cost over 450$. I'm all set.

5. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I want your back rack. I'll pass on the gate, but I want the rack haha

6. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Pro Tech makes it. I bought it from New England Truck Design in Sterling Ma. If you go online to westcoastoffroad.com/ you can look at all the options such as mesh instead of louvers and different lights, brackets...etc. they build it to what you want.

I hit one section of it with a buffin wheel and some mothers and, WOW! I can't wait till the weekend so I can do the rest!

7. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

looks great but imo i think the tailgate should be painted to match the truck. If your going for the tough looking work truck then i think you achieved it. I do really like the back rack though, with clear lights it would look real sharp.

8. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Thanks Durafish. The LEDs came with it. I'm either buying clear ones or buying the mirrored glass chrome covers for the red ones. Also I'm getting the 3/4" maxxima amber lights with clear lens and the stainless trim rings for the sides of the rack.

[​IMG]

Saw these too! Hmmm...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  9. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

that back rack is awesome

10. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

Like the set up, where did you getthe 5th wheel tailgate, I need to look into one for my camper. How do you like that 5th wheel set up? I've got a pullrite superglide that fits in the reese rails.

11. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Thanks snowplowpro...
    To Farmer.. The 5th wheel gate is made by Husky Liners part #15130 for 1999-2013 F250-F350. It is very nicely made and welded together and coated with a durable powdercoat. I got it on eBay for a best offer deal. There's a bunch of them listed but they are all the same price. I found one with a best offer option. I submitted an offer 165$ less than the buy it now and was accepted in 5 min.
    The only pitfall was that the gate doesn't come with cables...they want you to rob the ones off the stock gate. Not me though, Ill be swapping back n forth so I bought new ones at the Ford dealer I work at.

I love my Reese round tube slider! No issues with it at all. Some might say its noisy but that doesn't bother me. I got some rubber pads to put between the rails and the hitch but its a PIA to install the pins with them in...even after leaving the pin weight on the hitch for a weekend to try and smush the rubber a bit. So I just deal with it. The round tube has a full 12" of travel instead of the square tube's 10" of slide room. I've only really ever used the slider squeezing into tight camp spots...

12. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

truck looks good i like those tail lights

13. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Thanks Chris...!

14. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

looking nice man!

15. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

looks nice, what bulletproof parts do you have?

16. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

The whole kit. EGR cooler, studs, oil cooler, head gaskets. I'll be putting in their aluminum water pump when the factory one goes bad.

I've added some lights to the side too.

[​IMG]

17. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

truck looks really good

18. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Thanks Chris!

19. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

How bout a day time pic? Looks good.