1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new addition to my fleet

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cj7plowing, Dec 20, 2012.

1. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

Sold my JD4310 over last weekend and had to move quick on something with the questionable forecast after christmas.

I bled green until I sat in this machine.

Kubota 7040 enclosed cab

photo (30).jpg

2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Very nice. I have several of these units and can tell you that you will like it a lot. What are you putting on the front?

3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking tractor good luck with it

4. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

awesome!! brand new right? im still bummed i couldnt get your deere o well

5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Sweet ride! Those 7040's I think are all around about the perfect size. Enjoy and keep us updated!

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice, you putting a pusher on it?

7. merrimacmill

from MA

Esp when the payment comes in the mail!

8. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Kubota sends you payments? Thumbs Up

;)

9. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome to a closer to normal blood color.....Thumbs Up:D

10. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Nice 'Bota!

11. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

What does that tractor run ? I need to trade me deere in on one or a bigger deere.

12. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

thanks guys really looking forward to using it . still getting used to the shuttle shift. what speed do you guys plow in? to keep the bucket moving at a normal speed do you push the clutch in and run the throttle up?

JD 4720 cab tractor was 48k out the door.

paid 35k for the kubota.

I dont used the tractor for anything else really except a couple landscape projects and cutting a field once a month. couldnt justify the extra 13k for the deere. the kubota is a 2011 but its still under warranty for another 16 months.

13. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice Tractor !

14. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

is it used then? that seems super cheap.

I paid 42 for mine fully loaded with tax

15. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

no tax bought it out of state. that was 2700 right there

no financing availible, so the price was aggressive

16. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

I know you have a bunch of them, what speed are you plowing in? Also how do yu keep the loader moving fast, foot the clutch and gas pedal at the same time?

Gonna put a snow basket on the front and a blower on the rear

17. merrimacmill

from MA

Well, if you are using a bucket then I would not recommend going into anything but 1st gear, given that you have no trip mechanism on a bucket. If you were to hit something (which you will), the loader arms will be bent.

For something like a rubber pusher, or other attachment with a trip mechanism, I plow in anything from 1-3 and will reverse in 4 if I'm in a large open lot. The gear really depends on how much I'm pushing, and how much space I have.

Yes, when you come up to the pile you need to work the gas/clutch/loader valve all together to stack a pile properly. But don't burn the clutch while doing this.

18. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

the bucket is just going to be for relocating snow, not plowing. I have alot of large driveways with 8 and 10 car garages in court yards, the plows will push everything around and the tractor will scoop and dump.. I have an 8ft plow for the tractor also its a fisher with a skid steer blade on it so it trips.

you change gears to go forward and reverse ? I thought it was just put in one gear and thats were you are and goforward reverse.

did you fill the tires?