1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new 8' straight blde boss!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jay albers, Oct 1, 2011.

1. jay albers

jay albers Member
    from pa

I know you guys can apprecciate it more then my wife. I'm all pumped up and say, babe! babe! i got it ! come check out my new plow! She's awesome! she tries her best to look excited but i know she could care less. Can't blame her really.

Anyway, I got the sub for 3,000. It has 80,000 miles on it and is really clean,its a 99. It was some kind of airport vehicle.

Got the boss for 4,400, that includes tax and instalation

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

2. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

Congrats. Now you can bring the Whole family plowing. LOL

3. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

Looks great

4. jay albers

jay albers Member
    from pa

some one els said that about the family too. Actually i'm thinking of pulling out the back seats. I have a landscape biz too and could use the room. Had to buy it tho, Couldn't beat the price

5. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

Awsome Truck and plow! I like the rims and tire, they grew on melol

6. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Nice set up. Now beef up the front end. Timbrens is a start. Maybe some HD shocks or air shocks as well.

7. jay albers

jay albers Member
    from pa

I was also wondering about storage and upkeep. I'm going to store it outside. My thought was to spray the s##t out of the truck and plow with fluid film then throw a tarp over the plow.

This sound about right?

8. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

That would help. When I have had to keep mine outside tho I never used a tarp.

The number one thing that helps keep em in good working order is washing both after each use then using FF again, and again.....

I would by 5 gallons at a time and get a sprayer if I were you. Cheaper than buying it by the can/case.

9. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

I have 8 boss plows ranging from 8 years old to present.
    I have left all of my plows out for most of their life. Now the sport duty 7'6" that goes on my personal-personal truck Gets babied sometimes like now and stays in the front of my garage. One of the many good things about having a 3 car garage.
    All the rest are outside in the shops' yard.

All we do is grease the cylinders and put dielectric grease in the electric connections. NEVER had a problem! Some of the plows are clearly faded a little bit compared to my new ones. never any major problems from keeping them outside though

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Crank those t-bars man. Shes sagging hard.

11. 2004chevy2500hd

2004chevy2500hd Senior Member

Very nice plow! Have fun with it

12. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Nice looking setup. Thank you for your purchase, we appreciate your business.