1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new 6.7 Ford

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by johndmax365, Jul 3, 2011.

1. johndmax365

johndmax365 Member
    from Iowa

Here are some pictures of my new 6.7 ford diesel.

Powerstroke 1.jpg

Powerstroke 3.jpg

2. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

Plowing in style. Nice.

3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

nice setup

4. johndmax365

johndmax365 Member
    from Iowa

Thanks! I love the truck.

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good. That thing should be great for plowing.

6. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises Member

nice setup, im not a big fan of the new grill style ford came out with tho.

7. johndmax365

johndmax365 Member
    from Iowa

I wasn't either when I first got it. I was gonna do billet bars but the front end is growing on me now.

8. highmark923

highmark923 Member

Very nice.

9. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Nice truck man. Where in Iowa are you?

10. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises Member

billet bars would look sick on ur truck, u should do it. lol

11. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

Awsome truck!!! i like how it flows... really like the "Super Duty" inserts NICE!

12. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Why did you trade in your duramax?

13. wewille

wewille Senior Member

Sharp truck, youll love it! Its proving itself to be a very durable engine.

14. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Awesome truck! I hope to buy one very soon.

15. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Congrats on the truck..... but proving to be very durable? It's been out for less than a year lmao :laughing:

16. johndmax365

johndmax365 Member
    from Iowa

I traded my duramax cause I had to put a leveling kit and timbrens on the front end to hold the plow up very well and just felt like it was so much weight for that front end which was only rated at 4,750 lbs. I had an extended warranty on my duramax and it was voided as soon as I put plow on. I bought a 7 year 100k mile bumper to bumper 0 deduct on the new powerstroke because I know it is a new motor. From what I heard the new powerstroke was designed by gm engineers that got fired when gm was struggling to make it and the same engineers designed the 4.5 liter duramax hence the inboard exhaust, compacted graphite block, aluminum heads, and variable vane turbo.

17. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

I never heard that GM engineered the new powerstroke. And the duramax handles the plow more than well enough. Although beautiful truck!

18. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Good luck with your new ride. A buddy of mine bought a new King Ranch F450 this spring and with 2000 miles on it the engine was junk. Anti-freeze was leaking into the oil and oil into the anti-freeze. Ford wants to put in a new long block, but they want a new truck.

19. johndmax365

johndmax365 Member
    from Iowa

Ya, I've had two duramaxs and the front end on my first truck was junk it spend more time at the dealer than at my house so they may have a good motor but the front end is nothing like a solid front axle. I compare it to driving a suburban around pushing snow, it just feels weak. Ball joints and power steering pump went out of my first duramax. And my motor could blow up for all I care in my powerstroke because it has a bumper to bumper 7 year 100k 0 deduct warranty.

20. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Sorry if I came across as slamming your new truck, wasn't trying to do that. On a good note, they are impressed with the hp and mpg.