1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new 2014 Ram 2500

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BIGGB9, Aug 22, 2014.

1. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Hey guys just wanted to share a few pictures of my new 2014 Ram 2500 just got it about a month ago. Did a few mods to it so far line-x, step bars, bug deflector, vent visors, window tint, and weather tech floor mats. Now what plow to put on there let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Screen Shot 2014-08-22 at 11.16.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-08-22 at 11.16.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-08-22 at 11.16.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-08-22 at 11.16.44 PM.png

2. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

3. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Nice truck! Buy a plow with your local dealer in mind. Half the battle is owning it and half is getting it fixed if it breaks

4. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats! I like the tint. How bout a Boss V?

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking ride, congrats.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:nod: :nod:

7. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

Looks Nice, let me know how you like the ride. Wondering how it is with the coils in the back instead of the leafs. The link coil suspension looks like it may ride better unloaded.

8. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Funny you asked about the coil springs on the back Snoviper, I did not even know it had coils till I looked under it when I test drove it for the first time. I have had a lot of 3/4 and 1 ton trucks this Ram does ride really nice for a big truck not a lot of bounce like a leaf spring truck but it is still new LOL.

9. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Looks like we've got twin trucks other than color and mine being a '13. Your's has coil springs in the back? I wasn't aware of the switch. I've done almost the same mods as you. Line X, window visors, step bars, weather techs etc.. As for plow, you can see what I've got and I love it. That being said, go with what Basher and one other person before me said, go with whatever brand offers you the best service in your area. If you're interested in seeing my set-up more closely go to my profile and look at my other pictures.

10. novawagonmaster

novawagonmaster Senior Member

Nice truck. Did you get the 5.7 or 6.4?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  11. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Its got a 5.7

12. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Congrats man - nice!

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It rides so well I was afraid it wouldn't carry a load. Got it on a Thursday (1/18) installed a 29R and Snoway 2 yard poly spreader, stuck a magnetic LED roof flasher on it and was loading salt on Tuesday, Planned on having to make double salt runs because of load restrictions.because in the middle of the season (working around customer repairs) we didn't have time to install the rear suspension assists (or hide-a-way strobes, back-up/dash camera, vent visors, step bars, backrack, LED bulbs, aux reverse/spreader lights or good rubber although the firestones that are on it carry a load well and handled some very cold and icy conditions but are ready to be replaced in 12K.)

Dropped the first scoop in, looked at the truck, went ahead and filled her up.

Rides as well loaded as empty, the sway bars are impressive. Top shock controls axle wrap very well, still getting use to seeing 5700 on the tach before it shifts when you stick the throttle.

I'm considering a set of airbags just to control the ride attitude.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  14. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Nice truck. Ram (Dodge) has upped their game substantially with the 2010 and up trucks. I'll likely keep my 2010 until the wheels fall off.

15. rjk512

rjk512 Member

Sharp truck. Best of luck with it.

16. Nice rig. Your going to love it. I own 3 of them.