1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My New 2013 Silverado 1500

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ramair2k, Jul 28, 2013.

1. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

[​IMG]

Looking at putting a Fisher HT plow on this but nervous to cut the front bumper.:dizzy:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Truck looks good.
    That front bumper is pretty cheap if you ever decide to take the plow off.

3. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Good to know. I have see one done before and it came out OK. It really depends on the installer and if he/she takes their time. Really don't want some hack with a sawzall cutting the bumper and leave uneven, jagged edges. Anal, I know but its also a 43k dollar truck and still want it to look nice.

4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking truck good luck with it

5. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Thank you!

6. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Should be good to you, got a 2011 1500 crew. 23k and change on the odometer, not a problem. Those Dueler A/T RH-S's are pretty decent in the snow too.

7. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Good to hear. Very happy with the purchase so far. Coming from a 2005 Mazda 3, this is a big change, pun intended. Called JC Madigan for a quote on Fisher HT...4k!!!! not including tax. ouch!

8. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Awesome truck man best of luck with it!

9. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

I think you better off with a fisher sd 7'6" imo

10. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Fisher's website says HT or homesteader only. Would be lucky to find a dealer to install a plow that isn't "recommended" by the mfg. for the type of truck.

My dad has a HT on his 2002 K1500 Reg Cab and it works great. From what I gather, the SD is a chain lift, a bit shorter and has a poly cutting edge. Any other differences?

11. willie07

willie07 Junior Member

The fisher sd is a chain lift, little more weight, has less of a cutting angle so as not to chatter so much. It also has a much better center leg as to the ht left side leg that fold up.

12. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I agree, I think you are a lot better off with a Fisher SD than a HT.

13. 2006Sierra1500

I have an HT and I don't see how the chain lift is any better. I like the cylinder lift, plow doesn't bounce as much and the HT is a little lighter.

14. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats on your new truck! My BOSS installer did the best he could when he cut my truck's front. It came out OK. Gotta do it to have the mount on it, oh well.

15. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Do you have any pics of your setup and truck side setup?

16. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Have you ever installed a plow? It is real easy on a GM. This would allow you to take your time and do a good job. We just either a utility knife or tin snips to cut the plastic, works great. Look into the plows, some require very little cutting, I think Western might be the least.

17. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

I have never installed a plow before and honestly would rather have the company do it as their work is warrantied.

I just got a call back from another dealer and they said the Chevys "snap" when taking the plow off because of the front bumper. Fisher actually recommeds cutting from the tow hooks all the way across the license plate to the other tow hook and remove that piece of bumper. They don't do this because it makes the front of the truck look like crap.

Anyone with a current fisher plow on their late model 1500 hear this "snap" when taking their plow off?

18. 2006Sierra1500

I'd cut mine myself if I end up putting mounts on it. I'd just go tow hooks all the way down.

19. bbct001

bbct001 Member

Common with all the new Chevy's, not just half ton. The license plate bracket hands low, when you back out of the blade the rear cross piece on the plow frame hooks it, once you back up a few inches the plastic "snaps" back into place.

Haven't had issue's with them, though I would be a little concerned when it's cold, not sure how brittle that plastic would get, and if it would "snap" back or "snap" off!

Someone else mentioned the cheap jack leg on the HT's, Fisher finally fixed that. Not the same leg as the other plows, but now it's 2 legs and much easier than the old setup.

20. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I know you're in Mass but any Snoway dealers around?