1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My New 2011 Wrangler 4DR

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Montosi82, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Montosi82

Montosi82 Member

Hey guys just bought this last week. Only have a quick cell phone pic from my road trip up to the Maine coast this weekend. No plow yet. I had a 2003 Rubicon with a fisher SD on it and it was great. Leaning towards that again. any suggestions or comments appriciated. It is an automatic and I have a hard top. Planning on some air bags up front to help with the suspension. Thanks

2. Montosi82

Montosi82 Member

sorry forgot the pic

jeep main.jpg

3. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

Nice Ride! Do you have the old push plates from your 03? I just bought an SD for my 04 and need the plates. Any regreats with the SD? Would you consdier the HT it's a little lighter. Did you use air bags or timbrens?

4. Montosi82

Montosi82 Member

No problems whatsoever with the SD. Sold the jeep and plow as a package so I have nothing left. I uses the airbags and they worked great. Didnt affect the ride with the plow off and helped keep the jeep level with the plow on. I am probably getting another Fisher SD for this jeep. I had the 6'8" before and think i will be going with the 7'6". Or i'll get the smaller one and have some wings fabbed up. what size did you get?

5. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

I went with the 7'6". I went back and forth between the SD and the HT. I like that the HT is lighter and has a steel edge, but still is trip edge rather then full trip but didn't find I good deal on one. I bought a 2 yr old SD for 1800 complete other than plates. What kind of airbags did you buy and how much were they?

6. Montosi82

Montosi82 Member

They were made by airlift. Here is a link. http://shop.airliftcompany.com/dyn_search_vehicle?k=0

I bought mine at a local shop but this is the company and I believe this is your year. Just check the variables on the left side to make sure i got your options right.

7. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

Here is mine

jeep.jpg

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  8. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

I recently bought a 4 door wrangler as well. Love it. I hope to put a 7'6" boss on it with a Artic plow partner on the back. Will post pics when I got it all together.

9. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

When you install the air bags, do you have to have a compressor in the car or can you use an external compressor to adjust the pressure? I'm new to the air bag thing.

Thanks

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You can do it either way but I'd recommend an on-board. you need to maintain 5/10 PSI at all times and the compressor does the maintenance for you. Allow bag pressure to get too low and you will pinch the bag.

11. Montosi82

Montosi82 Member

On board would be nice but I just set the pressure with my home compressor and went from there. Set it at 30 PSI and checked it frequently and it never leaked.