1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My New 2011 Ram 2500 CTD

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Smith2287, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Smith2287

Smith2287 Member

Just picked her up last week, I am now up to 5 trucks along with 2 subs. Haven't plowed with her yet but I cannot wait to test her out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. snorider075

snorider075 Senior Member

sexy truck! enjoy

3. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Almost looks too good to plow with.....almost
    Great looking truck/plow

4. Smith2287

Smith2287 Member

Haha thanks guys but I buy my trucks to work, it sure is nice having heated everything inside this one though.:D I am going to level it out like the rest of my trucks soon to help with weight on the front end.

5. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Enjoy....Looks Good

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I'd be paranoid to plow with that. Sweet truck!

7. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

The truck and plow look great. Have a good season.

8. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Great looking setup. I tried to buy a 2010 CTD before I bought my Ford, Dodge just couldn't come close to the Ford discounts at the time, but the new Dodges are super nice and the heated steering wheel is awesome. Good luck with it this winter and post some action shots when you get to try it out.

9. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

It really pisses me off to see you have a laramie with a single tone paint job. I ordered my 2010 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW in April and they said I had to have the lower half of the truck painted tan. I wrote a letter to dodge corporate and the factory asking them to paint the whole thing black instead of black and tan and they said there was no way to do that (which is total BS). So now I see that they are doing it for 2011. ... grrr

Word of warning. Those aluminum wheels are really fragile. I have the cummins also and a sno-way mega blade on mine (which probably weighs less than your western) and between the weight of the engine and the plow I hit a small pothole and it cracked the wheel and tire went flat. I would look into getting some steel wheels for winter, or at least be really careful.

Otherwise god I love the truck and I am sure you will too. the heated steering wheel kicks ass in plowing season haha

10. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking truck, she'll move a lot of snow!

11. Smith2287

Smith2287 Member

Thanks for the word of warning, I didn't order my truck personally but I brought it while it was still being assembled in the plant. I just got real lucky when I told my dealer what I wanted and he was able to track it down and get it in only a few weeks.

12. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Sweet looking plow rig

13. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Any with the plow up?

14. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking truck... and plow!

No DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) system on the 2011 Dodge?

15. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

looks great

16. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I believe that they don't use/need that system. However, the 4500 and 5500 cab chassis require it. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I will never buy a truck that requires that stuff. It's expensive enough already to run a diesel.

17. Smith2287

Smith2287 Member

Nope no DEF, but I can't wait for some tuners to be released for this engine so I can get rid of all this "go green" restrictions and put an exhaust to get a little more power and some MPG out of it.

18. Misch-Rman

Misch-Rman Member

sweet truck man..... were looking at a 11 reg cab... now i cant wait lol

19. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Awesome truck bud! I have been considering an '11 for some time now and would install the same blade on mine. What part of Jersey are you from?

20. Smith2287

Smith2287 Member

My mother lives in Parsippany so I am there a lot but I do all my plowing in Bergen and Passaic County.