1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new 1 ton Chevy with 9'2" V plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Steve 455, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Steve 455

Steve 455 Member

Finally have it running!!!! It's an 86 1 ton 454 4 speed with a Dana 60 in fron and a 70 in the rear with a locker and 4:10 gears.

The plow is an old BOSS 9'2" RT1 It has a Dodge mount I modified to fit the Chevy.

I got an hour in today cleaning up a freight terminal I plow. It's pretty good but the 4 speed sucks. Im gonna swap in an automatic soon. I also want to get a new control for the plow. I don't like the rocker switch control.

Here's some pics I took today.

2. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

sweet truck dude!
  3. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

Finally a real chevy truck, those ones are the only ones I would get.
  4. Lencodude

Lencodude Senior Member

Nice truck. I too plowed with a 4 speed manual many moon's ago on commercial lots and it was a PITA.
  5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

dont trash the complete hydro clutch 4 speed. lots of guys on ck5.com want them for there old trucks. worse case email me woodchuck @ yahoo . com with the details.

some on ck5 will even swap even up.
  6. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

That looks nice, any plans for paint on the truck or anything?
  7. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

Now THAT is a money maker! Good to see the old Chevy's still gettin' it done.
  8. Steve 455

Steve 455 Member

Yea in the spring Im gonna fix all the rust and paint it:)

This truck actually rides better with the plow and a few old engine blocks strapped down in the back it's a BEAST:cool: