1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My name is snowin joe and im an addict

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowinjoe, Dec 18, 2004.

1. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

I believe I have found my calling in life. I love plowing. Its like cocaine I'm addicted. I'm going out in a few hours for the 8th time this year. I can't sleep, I walk to the window every five min. just to make sure the snows still there. I remember as young as 5 I was using the shovel as a plow, with the shovel on an angle I'd wing the snow while making truck noises. My dad plowed for 2 years when I was 8 or 9 or both i guess. 1978 ford bronco beautiful truck. Mom made him sell it(still a sore point between us). I cried when the guy picked it up. It wasn't until last year that I got to finally plow. I'm 28 now so I had a long wait. I drive a versatile tractor with a 9 1/2 ft blade for commercial, a new Holland tv140 for blowing back banks and piles or loading trucks and a kubota L5030 with a 7ft blade and homemade pronovost xpro blower. The boss drives a 93 dodge 1 ton 9ft blade and homemade back blade. We both work 12+ hours. When I'm out driving around I find myself checking out other peoples lots and equipment.On the weekend I do a delivery job that has me out driving for about 8 hours and when I did it today I found myself driving in to parking lots in different towns to check out how the lots looked. I even drove thru a townhouse complex pretending I was plowin I think I need help. My 6 year old daughter calls me nocturnal daddy in the winter time. Shes been out plowing and I think shes hooked already. What will I ever do in the off season. I guess I'll just have to play pretend.

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Your a JUNKY!!!!! :D welcome

3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Sounds like most of the people on here.

4. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

Hooked?

snowinjoe--Welcome & Your NOT Alone! I don*t have It that BAD but have Freinds that DO! Here in Our Town in the Wee Hours! I often SEE houses all DARK Blink their Outside Lights as --WE--Me & my Wing Man Plow BY! & WE Bilnk our Spots! in Reply! & everyOne Knows Our CB handel which Breaks UP the Bordom as Were Chattering w/Some one most of the TIME!--as Our JOB is Doing all the Back Roads! Plowing is OK! but I like Winging Back Best! after the Storm is Over! & Making the Road as Wide as Possible! Nice & Clean & Pushing Snow through the Guard Rails & taking the TIME to Do the Mail Boxes! So the Ole Elderly Don*t have to Shovel!--I get a Lot of THANK Yous On That! One Elderly Lady told ME I can TELL when YOU Do My ROAD! as I Don*t Have to Shovel at ALL!--Thank YOU! & HEY!I even Got a HUG!--& at My AGE! All those HUGS Count Rght? TAKE CARE Guys!--Ole JIM--

5. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Hey Jim did u get grannys #

6. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

its more than a job

once in a while you have a job you actually like! it sounds like you better start training your daughter to help out when dad needs a break. I started driving on my dads lap in his truck when I was 6years old.(not plowing)

7. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Cocaine! Is that what cocaine is like? :drinkup:

8. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

snowinjoe i checked out hollands tv140 and that thing is sweet. :) need to find a reason to get one of those. :)

9. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

It's amazing ain't it?
    We plow for many hours then go to sleep,only to get up and cruise around looking for more snow to plow! I plow friends and people I know and don't even charge them, They come home and it's done? Another Mystery plow job.
    My Boys go with me and We look for people shoveling their drives, I offer a $15 plow, we have made $85 an hour many times.
    But I am not addicted I can stop when the snow stops in March!But then there's mowing and planting and mulching.

10. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

ban him ban him ban him :nono:

11. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Moderator fixed the post I replied to so mine isn't needed anymore. Delete it to please :nod: .

Last edited: Dec 19, 2004
  12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

just thunk about this, you could have a snow removal busses in Chile!!! when it's summer here it's winter there.. SOOO you could plow year around!!! :bluebounc

13. landstroker51

landstroker51 Banned

smarten' up - because I said it doesnt mean I do it.
    Its just common sense.

14. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

it would be hard to say what part of plowing gives me the biggest high. ripping thru a fresh six inches, pushing or blowing back banks, reaming out curbs, I love it all. In the versatile the seat is turned around and the blade is mounted on the tree point hitch. I sit about three feet above the blade. I get a kick out of watching the snow roll. On the kubota the blower is customized and looks simalir to the xpro speeds up driveways like you wouldn't believe. the tv 140 is only for blowin back piles and loading trucks. But next year a 12 ft. blade. I don't think that the wife would like winter all year round shes more of a summer girl. I pick the daughter up in the tractor and take her to school. Its one of our accounts and all her little friends know that her daddy plows the snow there and made those big hills for them, I'm like a god to some of the boys. After two or three days of plowin I do start to look like a junkie but one goodnight sleep and I'm ready for more.

15. haligan125

haligan125 Member
    from Maine

I like plowin and all but I can think of so many more things that make me "high" mainly girls and fire and girls, did i mention girls?

16. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Music gives me a high. ;) I shall sing to you.

17. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

Your avatar is a pretty good representation of what it's like, which has alot to do with why those of us who made it out of it without being in jail or dead don't do it anymore.
    It's alot cheaper to be addicted to plowing and Caramel Lattes from Dunkin' Donuts.