1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My MVP 8.5

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by diesel dave 04, Oct 18, 2009.

1. diesel dave 04

diesel dave 04 Senior Member

I have a 8.5 V on my bronco I love the plow. I have a question. has any one had an issue with the V plow leaving heavy scrap/ scratch marks on peoples driveways and parking lots.
    I used it last seaon and i seen it leaving heavy marks No one complaned but I was not Happy with it. any Idea what is causing it.
    I thought it was do to it beeing used and it mostlikely was not set at the same angle on the aframe on the last truck.

2. diesel dave 04

I guess IM the only one with this issue.

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

thats probably it right there.

4. Blaine4450

Blaine4450 Member

cutting edge

How worn is your cutting edge? If it is worn enough the center rubber boot bracket will start to scrape and that will leave scratches. Just a suggestion to look at. Hope it helps.

5. diesel dave 04

I think you hit it right. The brackets are hitting the road surface. It looks like they have been for a while. I guess it is cutting edge time.

6. Blaine4450

Blaine4450 Member

Glad that helped. I have seen a few do that before and the cutting edges dont even look worn out. That is just a bad setup the way they mount those center rubber pieces.

7. diesel dave 04

It is not the bracket that holds the center rubber. It is the cutting edge it's self and it is doing it on each side abiut 1-2 inches from the center. I was thinking about ading a wear shoe in the center.
    I just dont get it.