1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My "Money Maker"

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Groundwork, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Groundwork

Groundwork Member
    from Vermont

I've been a member of plowsite for a while now and thought that I would finally enter some photos of my "money maker". payup Truck is a 2000 GMC 2500 with a 8' Fisher (was all repainted this fall, didn't take to long to lose that new paint look), backdrag blade (put on a few weeks ago, wish I did that 3 years ago when I started plowing), 6' stainless snow-way electric spreader (new this year) with 2x12 sideboards. Had to get the 6 footer since I didn't want to get rid of the toolbox, so that is why I added the 12" sides. Hopper will now hold over 2,000 lbs. Timbrens on the rear end help alot, with out them I wouldn't be able to load it up as much as I do. Added some LED's to the back of the spreader, rubber flap to keep some of the salt of the rear bumper (just cut a rubber tailgate mat in half). Headache rack with 2 rear facing 100W work lights, and PSE amber dual strobe. Hope you like it, I was inspired by looking at all of the great trucks that are out there moving the "white gold".

front side view.jpg

front view plow up.jpg

rear side view plow up.jpg

rear view empty.jpg

side view full hopper, plow up.jpg

2. Groundwork

Groundwork Member
    from Vermont

A few more photos

Here are a few more pictures:

full hopper, 2,300+ pounds.jpg

rear side view, full hopper, plow down.jpg

rear timbren with full hopper.jpg

rear rubber flap.jpg

3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good:D

4. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

i like the set up youve got there :salute:

5. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

How do you like the spreader? Thats the same one i wanted to get (dont want to remove my toolbox either) Was planning on getting it this season but i dont think im gonna need it the way its going.

6. Groundwork

Groundwork Member
    from Vermont

So far it's been working great. Was going to get the Boss tailgate spreader but the price difference between bag salt and bulk salt made the decision for me. Plus the local sno-way dealer is great, IMO.

7. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

hows the spreader handle the weight? I was told their low pro because there shouldn't be to much weight on the chain, (reason for the inverted V).

8. Groundwork

Groundwork Member
    from Vermont

The weight hasn't been an issue, with the inverted V there is very little actual material resting on the chain. The motor doesn't even work hard when the hopper is full. Motor works the same empty or full.

9. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

NICE SETUP:nod: Is that a back blade on the plow? post some pics of it thanks.

10. Groundwork

Groundwork Member
    from Vermont

Updated photos of my "Money Maker"

Well it's been less than a year since I first posted some pictures of my truck and I thought I would show you the changes. I sold my Fisher and put on a Sno-Way 32 series 8'6" Stainless Steel blade, down pressure and wireless remote also put on a set of steel curb guards. Also got a new light bar, it's a PSE Amber 2100 series with a total of 8 LEDs, much brighter in the daylight then the old dual strobes I had on before. I also moved the lights that I had mounted on the back rack to a new position so the v-box doesn't block the lights. All I need to do now is put on the snow tires, and wait for snow.

100_2360_1.JPG

Front side plow up.jpg

Front side, plow down.jpg

Front1.jpg

New LED Light.jpg

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  11. Groundwork

Groundwork Member
    from Vermont

Some more photos. Spinner chute is also not on the spreader right now.

Rear lights.jpg

Rear lights1.jpg

rear2.jpg

12. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Nice rig.
    Hope you get payup with it.

13. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck....is the mini-bar a Ecco Streetlazer or the Code 3?

14. Groundwork

Groundwork Member
    from Vermont

Thanks, It's a code 3. So far I've been happy with it.