1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My mini snow removal arsenal

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BlownL67, Nov 23, 2008.

1. BlownL67

BlownL67 Junior Member

Not too long ago I started to get into Gravely tractors after I inherited one from a family friend.

Both of these tractors are identical except, the one on the left is a 1970 and the one on the right is a 1969. I picked the tractor on the right for $100 locally because the owner had no idea what was wrong with it and could not get it started. I have not had time to work on it yet, but I know it needs a few simple repairs and she should be ready to fire up!

Over the summer I found a bunch of attachments for my beasts which include:

40" quick hitch commercial mower deck
    50" quick hitch commercial finish mower
    (2) 32" "new style" quick hitch snowblowers
    28" "old style" quick hitch snowblower
    (2) 48" quick hitch snow/dirt plows
    50" quick hitch adapter to convert belly mower to walk behind
    W-W shredder / grinder

Here are 2 quick pictures of one of my 32" blowers attached to my tractor:

Here is a picture of the 28" quick hitch "old style" snowblower I picked up last week:

Does not look right, does it ? I ran into an issue with some very wet leaves at my girlfriends place, so I piled them up as much as I could with my leaf blower, then stacked them into a pile with my snow / dirt dozer plow blade. Of course I got a funny look from the neighbor but I was able accomplish what I needed to.

These machines are amazing workhorses and pretty damn easy to work on. The Commercial 12's I have weigh about 460-480lbs /ea so they are not made just for anyone. I had to load my $100 machine which was absolutely dead weight onto my truck with my ramps, and I swear I will never do that again unless I have some sort of mini winch setup. I will be sure to post more pictures of the machines and attachments along with some video's as soon as we get some snowfall.
  2. lumps

lumps Senior Member

I've seen those around before, they definitely move some snow.
  3. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

I found something like that once that a guy was gonna scrap out, bought it for $20.00. The one I had was a Simplicity tho, had a tiller, mower deck, and a snow plow with it. Yours are pretty cool with those duals.
  4. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Those are Awome!
  5. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

you just can't kill gravely's i want to find one but there a needle in a hay stack now a days . i hope to see a vid of them in action this winter :D
  6. grasmancolumbus

grasmancolumbus Senior Member

I have some and they are beasts I will try to post some pics
  7. grasmancolumbus

My snow blower

Kind of dangerous but works great

Blizzard 2008 115.jpg

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

I have one of these also, but my buddy caught it on fire and torched most of it :-(
  9. 350-CHEVY

350-CHEVY Member

i have two old simplicitys like that with 2 snowblowers and a roto tiller.... boss plow u still got yours
  10. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

keep them coming i love old gravely's:nod:
  11. pldann86

pldann86 Member
    from LI NY

Be carefull those things are animals and don't stallwesport
  12. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice machines!
  13. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Those things are beasts!! Funny i saw this post today...one of my teachers offered me about 8 of them for either cheap money or free. He's got a couple snow blowers, tillers and mowers sitting around for them too....my mom is going to kill me if i bring them home =] i saw a guy using one with a snowblower on it once, i was in shock how much snow it was moving! Sweet gravely's, ive never seen them with the dual wheels before! I like it!
  14. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Those are the craziest looking machines. So crazy that I'm going to need one. Let the search begin...
  15. jdo150

jdo150 Member

I have one that I picked up for free from a buddy of mine sitting in my shop... I have no idea about it but it has plow blade on it and I have tire chains for it..... I have no idea if the thing even runs I haven't tried to start it yet. but they area preaty neat little machine.
  16. grasmancolumbus

you guys seen the on with the circular saw attachment thats SCARY!