1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Mini Plow Truck

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by TimTheToolMan, Nov 11, 2008.

1. TimTheToolMan

TimTheToolMan Junior Member

Should do the trick for 11 country drives

dakota1JPG.jpg

2. TimTheToolMan

up

has timbren blocks all the way around

dakota2.JPG

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Looks great. Thanks for choosing Sno-Way we appreciate your business. :waving:

4. fyerfytr

fyerfytr Junior Member
    from Iowa

Yep it Should do the trick. What part of Ontario? I grew up in Kingston.

5. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Looks good!! I do 40 drives and 2 lots with my Ranger and it works awesome!!

Good luck this year!!

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Nice looking set-up.

7. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

looks good you should be happy with it...

do you have down pressure?

8. Land Decor Inc.

Land Decor Inc. Junior Member

Looks good. I am trying to decide what plow and sizeI should put on my 96 dodge dakota.

9. TimTheToolMan

Yeppers Its has down pressure its a 7'6'' 26 series with the wireless remote

i dident know what size to get when i was lookin but i have plowed with company equipment for the last 8 years or more so i knew i wanted it to be a littel wider then the truck when angled to keep the tires from climbing curbs

10. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Welcome to the site Tim! You'll love that setup. Best of luck this season.

11. branko1

branko1 Junior Member
    from NW Ohio

Hello Pearcelawn,

Do you have picture of your ranger set up? I am considering a plow and I do like the sno-way 22 with the same options as you. Did you have to do any modifications on your truck? Also how much should I expect to pay for the same? (the dealers are slow to respond)

thank you very much

Branko

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Prices vary with dealer, buying power and shipping costs play a huge roll in final cost. every dealer sets their own retail and installed price:salute:

Glad you're considering the Snoway, great Driveway units. The Down Pressure is awesome for back dragging.

13. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Here's the pics when it was new. Except for a few scratches it looks the same and works as good as it did then.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=40423&highlight=solo+operator's+ride

Zero mods to the truck.

I bought 3 years ago so I am sure my price isn't even relevant any more.

Any other ? just let me know.

And welcome to Plowsite!!

14. branko1

branko1 Junior Member
    from NW Ohio

Do you sell Snoway?
    I would only buy 1 plow probably the 22 (the widest) with down pressure and wireless joystick. I drive 1999 Ranger 4x4 off road 4.0l V6 flare side.
    Just give me a ball park figure without installation at brankob@pobox.sk

thanks

15. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

Great Truck... I love my setup. If I ever do it again I'd love to try the 26 instead of my existing MT :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Timbrens are great. Make sure you have the Trans Cooler, and also swap out the 265/70/16s with 245/75/16 Load E tires. You'll be glad you did. I get away 2wd for most of the time except for decent grades. What size engine do you have?

16. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

def get a trans cooler and a trans temp gauge, i blew the trans out of my 2002 dakota 4.7 litre @30k while plowing drives.

17. TimTheToolMan

nice lookin dakota that light bar is awesome looks like its right off a jeep ? ..mine has the 4.7l as well with the trailer package so it has the trans cooler but i did have a over heating problem at hwy speeds so i made my own the air foil just like the one from blizzard. it works mint once i got the angel right

18. TimTheToolMan

the air foil

just showing the air foil .. dont mind the Geo Tracker on the ATV trailer MTO must never know about that one ha ha ha

postonplowsite.jpg

19. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

I had the same problem... I don't have the Air Foil. For me, I keep it at Max up and it didn't get past 2/3s on the temp gauge. My Trans Gauge hasn't moved if any.

The Light Bar was a cheap Ebay Find, and I have my strobes in the head/tail/cab lights. Although I like the blue on blue top light :)

If you swap those tires out (looks like you have 15s) you'll see a world of difference in 2wd plowing. I had the crappy stock Goodyear 265s and the the Wrangler Silent Armors, Bridgestone Revos, or Firestone Destination AT all seem to be the top 3 tires of choice on this site. I went with the Load E tires just in case.

I do wish I had a Sport 5.9 though so I didn't have to worry about the chrome on the truck rusting :(

Put a plow on the tracker :)

20. TimTheToolMan

looks like im goin tire shopin on the weekend ..... i did a 4 way hide away strobes kit too, marker lights up front and the reverse lights rear i have a video of it at night but dont have it uploaded yet