1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Meyer

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by VALENTIN, Jan 3, 2006.

1. VALENTIN

VALENTIN Member

HELLO,

PLEASE FIND ATTACHED THE FIRST EVER PICK-UP MOUNTED PLOW IN ROMANIA!

MY MEYER.jpg

2. Kentuckydiesel

Kentuckydiesel Senior Member

first????? -Phillip

3. VALENTIN

VALENTIN Member

Yep!

Also: First Ever American Plow In Romania!

I Just Started To Import These Plows In Romania..... Huge Success ... !!!

4. me1223

me1223 Member

What did you plow with before now?

5. VALENTIN

VALENTIN Member

:cry: With nothing!

We have only the big snow equipments ... mounted on big trucks! ..... for small driveways ........ WITH SHOVEL!!!!!!

Valentin

6. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Now you just have to get an good American made 3/4 or one ton truck with a Nice Red Western plow on it...Just kidding :redbounce .... Looks good

Your other thread you were asking about 24-volt parts... is that what vehicles in Romania use is 24-volt systems??

7. frndinalowplace

frndinalowplace Senior Member
    from 7hills

Hey man I am Romanain. Do you speak it? Plow truck looks really nice.

8. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Oh no!! :dizzy: First American plow in Romania... and it's a MEYER!! Boy are Romanians going to hate us Americans! :blush2:

9. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

:D

Congrats on the first Romanian plow! Looks like you'll make a killing on driveways.

10. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

Ship them a ford w/ a fisher someone, hurry or they are not going too like us.:rolleyes: just kidding

11. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I dunno about the fisher but if you send them the ford and the engine blows up and the tranny splits in two they might nuke our a$$es.

Just had to give you a hard time, no offense intended.:drinkup:

12. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

trans trouble

HOW ?Did you know i cooked:eek: two torque converters in my pu with 110k on the 7.3 psd:angry:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2006
  13. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Send em' a Chevy and a Fisher!

14. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Thats Awesome, You must have the market cornered!!!!:waving:

15. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Great to see something like that in other countries. Rake in that money! Congrats!:D

16. VALENTIN

VALENTIN Member

tnx guys!

I'm back again...

Nice to have such feed back! ... YOU ARE VERY GOOD PEOPLE!

Frozen001: We use 12V usually but a sell 4 big MEYER HML-10 and I mounted on a big MAN car (equipped with a liquid spreader also)...... and this car use 24v....

frndinalowplace: sigur ca da! LA MULTI ANI!!!

Seems that you don't have very good opinions about MEYER!!! WHY?

Waiting a TOP 5 from you!!!!

17. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Valentin, just not a personal fan of Meyer. I'm glad your making out well with them in your country, great way to drum up business is to think "outside of the box" alot of the time. I personally just think they are made for light duty applications. I have seen everything from new plows literally split in half, A frames split, bend etc. If you would like a "top 5" my choices would be as follows. (Not including heavy duty plows such as Frink, Wausau, Valk, etc.) picks would go like this:

1. BOSS
    2. Western
    3. Fisher
    4. Blizzard
    5. Hiniker

18. VALENTIN

VALENTIN Member

blade_masters:

''they might nuke our a$$es'' ?????

Why??? We are very nice nation!

19. VALENTIN

VALENTIN Member

paponte:

I've tried so much to contact all the Producers that you named! But ... no aswear!

Anyhow in Romania we can use only 6,5 plows! the rest is too big for owr cars! We don't have trucks like FORD, CHEVY, DODGE ..... too expensive, too fuel hungry .... and the taxes to import are :yow!: (30% taxes, up to 30% exices, 19 % VAT ---- total up to 79%) ..... and if you cont with the car valued + shipping cost ..... I can buy a plane with this money (kidding)!!!

I'm a pioneer in my country .... and its not easy to develop such a business without any help!

Hope that I'll find the needed help at the end!!!!

20. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I definately think that what you are doing is great, a great corner on the market, however as with any new thing, it will take a few years to catch on to the general public. The best way to market yourself is probably what you are doing, a well designed advertisement on your truck, so that people see it and also know how to find out more about it.

Also, trying to attend some type of Landscaping or Constriction exposition show, where contractors might see this new product and findit to be something their company could use.