1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Metal Pless Adventure!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by absolutely, Dec 17, 2015.

1. absolutely

absolutely Senior Member

We took the plunge with confidence. I have gathered a lot of useful knowledge from fellow PlowSite members. We got a Bobcat T590 2 speed, Polar Tracks and a 7' - 12' Metal Pless. I am hoping the unit performs as well as it looks. First we could not get the plow to move at all. Due to Bobcat having a 7 pin harness we bought an adapter for the plow. The pigtail pins were not even close to touching and after a while we finally were able to figure out the problem. The plow is built awesome as we all know but they lacked a some quality control. The angle cylinders had the lines crossed which meant it would not angle. We switched those around and sprayed fluid everywhere which was a joy to clean up. Then we started adjusting wing speed and the hose coming off the manifold sprayed fluid all over the place. It was finger tight if that. All 4 were very loose. So needless to say I am very relieved everything is finally working. Now will it please snow!!!

Metal Pless 2.jpg

Metal Pless 3.jpg

Metal Pless 4.jpg

Metal Pless 6.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Looking good!

And yes, we all need Snow
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I think that's why dealers charge a pdi as pretty much every piece of machinery needs one.
  4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Machine looks awesome!

And WOW! Those issues are kind of unbelievable...glad you figured it all out, I'm sure the swear words were spraying everywhere too.
  5. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Its even better when they charge for one and obviously didn't do part of one, or all of one.
  6. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Mine was perfect right off the semi, I'm surprised to hear you had issues like that.

Oh, and for the 7 pin Bobcat proprietary wiring ********, skid steer genius in Washington is how I'm running 14 pin attachments on a 7 pin Toolcat plug with factory switch controls.
  7. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

I could write a short novel on my MetalPless adventure!!

lol but my Liveboxxs have finally arrived.. I hope they are all I expect and much more
  8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Can you find us some snow now?
  9. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

can u please share your adventure so that we can all hear about it , Would like to know cause im thinking about pulling a trigger on one. The good has to always come with the bad.
  10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Looks great Josh, sorry to hear aboot the troubles.

Can't wait to hear a review when you can actually use it.
  11. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice, is this what you are going to use in the sub that you posted on earlier. I must compliment you on the nice clean shop also.
  12. absolutely

absolutely Senior Member

Thank You!
  13. absolutely

absolutely Senior Member

Thank You! The worker got the worst of it. Jeans and sweatshirt going to the trash.
  14. absolutely

absolutely Senior Member

Very nice, is this what you are going to use in the sub that you posted on earlier. I must compliment you on the nice clean shop also.

Thanks! No, I was going to buy a Kubota 3350 for that sub but I really needed a new track loader for summer work. I felt the tractor would be sitting to much for the investment. We are just going to keep using our pickups for now. We usually keep that bay pretty clean, I won't show you pics of the other side.
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  15. absolutely

absolutely Senior Member

That is where I got it from. It was in the pigtail which he said he hires out. It was a first for him that a pigtail failed.
  16. absolutely

absolutely Senior Member

Thanks Mark! I think my hair is turning more grey by the day waiting for some snow work.
  17. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I have forwarded the issues you had to our quality control manager. Thank you for bring this up. I really like the orange color, its going to stand out nicely in the snow.
  18. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

nice setup!
  19. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Very nice setup! Thumbs Up We will probably end up with a new T590 2speed in the spring....what is the mph in 2nd gear?
  20. absolutely

absolutely Senior Member

I believe it to be around 11mph