1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My MD75 wont move down, left or right.??

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by DaytonOhio, Sep 18, 2012.

1. DaytonOhio

DaytonOhio Junior Member

I hooked up my MD75 to my Tundra yesterday afternoon from where it has sat on the driveway for the last three years. I will lift, would lower at first, but not now. Never would move left or right.

I admit to having done little maintenance to the plow, but I only used it for about 25 hours clearing driveways the first winter. We had now plowable snow last winter. So it has sat unused for about 20 months. I did drain the resevoir yesterday and refill with blue snow plow hydraulic fluid. Still no luck.

The pump runs, but no movement. Just six inches to the top of lift, a screeching lowering back down six inches. A shudder to the left and right, but no travel. Almost seems as if no fluid can return.

I can't take it off and have time to repair it rather than take it to the dealer. Anyone have a similar problem?.

thanks, Dave

2. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

I know that with these plows if they sit for an extended period the packing on the cylinders will dry out and the cylinder(s) will become stuck in place. You can try putting some grease on the exposed parts of the cylinders, then find yourself a curb and try gently pushing on one side of the plow while holding the button down for that direction. "ie..push on left side of plow and hold down left button."

Your plow also sounds like it may be old enough that it falls under the service bulletin / recall regarding the packing in the cylinders coming apart and clogging the valves. Call your local dealer with the serial number on the plow to find out.

If you get it back going I highly recommend hooking up to it once a month and running it in all directions a few times. this will keep parts form seizing up.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Welcome to Plowsite

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  3. DaytonOhio

DaytonOhio Junior Member

FIXED like a cat or dog after a "Price is Right episode"

Thanks to JBala @Buyers and 04RAM1500, both offered similar and good advice.

I loosened the hydraulic line to lift ram and allow blade to lower pushing out some fluid.

I tried pushing against a curb but first missed the part about encouraging rams with the controller buttons.

Loosened the gland nuts at front of left and right rams. no budging.

Loosened the left and right hyd hoses at the manifold, got em' moving.

Tightened everything back up, added some more fluid.... What ya' know, she works!

Great day to be an american with WD-40, a wrench, Oh, and internet access!! Thank you Mr. Gore...

Now shopping for two spare hoses, a gallon of blue fluid, and greasing everything.

Will check with my installer on the seal recall. Thank you again, glad to be apart of plowsite.

Dave Williamson

4. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

Dayton

What are your serial numbers I will look it up for a recall.

Also check your connection clean it and put new dyelectric grease in it if you havent yet.

5. DaytonOhio

DaytonOhio Junior Member

recall

My mod# is 16015000 MD75
    Ser# is 4079

Thank you, Dave