1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My manager is upset......

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by RobbieB, Nov 30, 2008.

1. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

but has no one to blame but himself. We retired our 2000 Excursion plower and had the plow removed to have installed on our newest plower, 05 F250 FX4. He decided not to take it to the shop that put it on the Excursion but rather take it to our work's mechanic to have done. Mind you this joker has never installed a plow before. If we would have taken to the shop that originally did the work it would have taken 2 days & cost $400 to remove and install. Now here we are a week later and the only thing that's on my new plower is the frame, no wiring at all. Now we have a winter storm on the way today/tomorrow and we have no plowtruck. To top it all off the mechanic told my manager that this job was going to cast $750, I think the owner of the company will have a few choice words for him.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Hopefully he didn't start the wiring, because believe me there is nothing worse then trying to fix someone else's mistakes. It's easier to rip it all out and start from scratch. If you take it to the right person now it is probably going to be more expensive. I hope he didn't use the same frame mount.:dizzy:

3. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

He did use the same frame mount. The place that originally put it on says it would bolt right up to the 250, which it did.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What kind of plow?

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

$400 to remove and install???? That is very cheap.
    Your Boss is a dumbsh*t for not having it done. JMO

6. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Wow, that's funny!!!

I thought I was the only one that hammer Dumb A's:salute:

7. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

i recently bought a 7'6" SD plow that a boss dealer "removed" the wireing and all mounting plates from an 05 F150 for $150 plus tax, i thought that was cheap, even though it was just removing it.

8. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Agree with this... even a cheapskate like me would have paid that!!! :D :jester:

9. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Agreed and I nominate this as the post of the day!:jester:

10. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

7' 6" Standard duty straight blade.

11. TLB

TLB Senior Member

How many coffee / smoke breaks does thids guy take?

12. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

Evidently quite a few. He's finally done now but I don't think the hooks are low enough. I went to mount the plow yesterday and it didn't want to pop on like on the Excursion. Of course the last time it was mounted it was put on the Excursion so the height might have been a factor. I took it off last night before I left work, maybe I will mount it again in the morning and see.