1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My loaders and Artics.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Peterbilt, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

These are my 08 Volvo L20Bs with 10' Artic pushers.

J.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good Peter!:drinkup:

3. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

They are cute little guys.

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

nice machines. they look like very handy setups.

5. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Im sure "cute" was exactly what he was looking to hear.:jester:

Nice set of twins! Looks good.

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Do you think you could have went with 12 ft's. I find the Arctics push really easy, I'm wishing I had of went bigger.

7. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Twelves wouldn't work. We plow mostly office parks with narrow spaces. Likee awnings and loading docks. These (3 of them) work well for that. We can load them enough to where they will pull down the loaders.

My other one is on or big CTL. the operator can clean 90* parking lot corners. Its just un-real. Another think we like is how they bak drag. BARE PAVEMENT!!! as far as you pull. Can't do that with a truck. One of the lots my CTL does is a lot we took from another (BAD) contractor this year. They were using 3 trucks to do it, and I think it tooks hours to do. Its maybe a 3 to 400 stall lot. Maybe. Nit overly sure about it. But My ASV and its box can do it in an hour. And its bare pavement.

We are unhappy with the rubbers. We have gone through a few of them. (We have pushed 8 times now)

The best thing is that they WILL CLEAN TO BARE PAVEMENT!! My salt usage is way down. I am thinking about getting 3 more of these next year and just use loaders for 90% of the plowing and just do streets and sanding with the trucks.

J.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008