1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my little project

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 91AK250, Sep 26, 2008.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

so since i'm doing a V8 swap on my explorer, i needed a new front axle because i have the the vaccume disconnect front axle and it wont work with the V8 oil pan. then yesterday my rearend starts making noise so i thought it was time to just replace them.

went down to the local junk yard, picked up 2 4:10 axles the rear is a LS. front is out of a '05 ranger with 20k miles, the rear is out of a '01 explorer with 54k miles.

i then spent the rest of the day swaping out the rear axle, i'll be doing the front here soon in the mean time i pulled the front DS and man the 4:10s make a huge differance over my 3:73s:D

heres some pics from doing the rearend
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Hope you finish this in 2 days. My boss did replace limit slip because it weak due tow too heavy broke mount so he replace with locker it did improve traction in mud.

Let us know if mpg did improve and power.

Where you get that kroil spray? I been hunt those but they are so expense.

3. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

yea my dad buys the crow oil, works great! we get it at a place called AIH tool/work supply store.

i'm prolly gonna drive it a few days with the rear end in, an do the front end this weekend.

i'm allready sure my MPG will go up, since it was struggling to turn the 31" tires before now it doesnt work nearly as hard to get to speed..its actuly pretty peppy now haha the quick test drive i took i was very happy!

4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

That looks like a fun project!