1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My little Plow truck 2007 GMC 5500 4x4

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by hotsprings77, Jan 15, 2010.

1. hotsprings77

hotsprings77 Member

I haven't posted here in a few years, but here goes. It's a 2007 GMC 5500 4x4 with a Fisher V-plow. Body is a Jerrdan wrecker. 2x 10000k winches and rear wheel lift @ 6k. Finally got some good snow tires for it, only the drives. Bridgestone BDR-W. Kinda like a Blizzak tread. Now to find some steer tires worth a darn. Mostly used as a wrecker, but the plow comes in handy on jobs as well. mark

2007 GMC 5500 4x4.JPG

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That's sick. Very nice money maker.

3. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

That's one of the nicest trucks I've ever seen on here. Very very nice

4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Very cool truck!!! How wide of a plow? 9.5ft?

5. hotsprings77

hotsprings77 Member

Thanks for the compliments. I just wish the payment wasn't so much each month. Decent tow truck, but great plowing machine. With the height, it will stack snow in the scoop postion close to 6-7 ft tall. Stay safe out there.

6. cubplower

cubplower Senior Member

very nice! Little plow truck??

7. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

Repoman (ryan) u need one!! LOL

any more pics?

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

dude...........That thing is sweet! I've been more of a International guy, but I like that. Is it the 4X6 model? Do you have the under lift forks and gear so you can haul med. stuff as well? I used to run a GMC with that style body. You can haul anything from a Tractor to an Focus with that thing.

What's your payments like $1000 or so?

9. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

WOW what a awesome plow truck !!!!!!!!! I'd love to see and vid sometime payup

10. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

That thing is cool!

11. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Hang a couple of tires on the front of plow and use as pusher also.

12. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

very very nice!! Any chance of more shots?? Also action shots would be very nice.

13. hotsprings77

hotsprings77 Member

4x4, manual hubs, duramax. I have only towed up to f450-f550's so far. The rear springs are alittle too soft for anything much heavier. Payment is just shy of $1700.00 a month. yikes. It's like having another house payment.

1998 Discovery 059.JPG

1998 Discovery 096.JPG

1998 Discovery 246.JPG

1998 Discovery 265.JPG

14. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice truck and plow. I know a guy with a GMC 5500 with a plow, wing, and sander on it.

15. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

That is sweet I would love to have one. cant you get the leafs restacked to handle the extra weight?

16. fordf350super

fordf350super Junior Member

now thats what i call a multi purpose truck. put it this way you can never get stuck haha

17. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

I would love a truck like that!! they make 4x4 rollbacks as well, those things are sweet. I hear you on the rear leafs thought. theres a 4500 chevy rollback around town and just the weight of the rollback is sagging it down a bit

18. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

kinda strange seeing the ballast on the front of the truck :eek:post #13 the 3rd picture the truck sits nice with the blade on the front and something on the wheellift with one hell of a bumper;) very very nice truck and best of luck makin those payments :drinkup:

19. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Wow, that thing is so flippin sweet!!!!! I hope to get a big one someday, but i will wait till i can pay cash... Or make a huge down payment...

20. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I went back and looked at old pics from the one I drove, it was a 6500. I think he had air bags on his, or some kind of leveling system, because it didn't sag that bad at all. I was dedicated to the Ryder account with it for the longest time moving single and tandem day cabs. I even hauled a 40' RV with it one night...talk about a hairy ride. I loved the sound of the CAT engine though.

Your right, $1700 is alot of dough to be forking out, but unlike the house right now, atleast the truck puts $$ back in the piggy bank from time to time. payup

Nice looking rig, stay safe out there. :waving: