1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My little plow.... (ATV)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cocamonkey, Dec 28, 2003.

1. cocamonkey

cocamonkey Junior Member
    from Iowa

My little plow....works great. I only have a few small driveways to do.

I find that the 4ft blade works better for sidewalks and such because its the perfect width with the blade angled.

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 360
    48" Warn Plow
    2000 lb Superwinch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2003
  2. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Nice looking unit. I have a 48" Warn plow out back. I plowed alot of snow with it until I got rid of my 4 wheeler last year. With our cold temperatures up here it was usually a miserable job to plow with no cab but the little Warn never let me down.

3. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

cocamonkey - Nice set up. I recently bought a 03 Suzuki Ozark and put a 48" Cycle Country plow on it. It's only a 250 with 2 wheel drive ,but we don't get real big snows down in SW ohio. I haven't used it yet but I'm anxious to give it a try. Have you used yours yet? I'd like to hear how good it works for you ,and also what your getting for driveways. I also just had a large hitch hauler built to carry it around town on. I figure that beats pulling my trailer throgh the snow. I'll get some pics on here asap.

4. cocamonkey

cocamonkey Junior Member
    from Iowa

It works great. I haven't had to really even use the 4wd so you may be fine with the 2wd. Especially if you don't get a lot of snow. I just added the winch which makes lifting and lowering the plow much much easier.

All the driveways that I do are relatives so....not much money involved!! :(

I haul mine around on a 12ft trailer....which can be a pain in the snow. But it doesn't really fit in the bed of my truck with the plow so I don't have a choice.

[​IMG]

5. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Nice looking setup

6. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Nice looking setup

7. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

cool looking atv:drinkup:

8. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

9. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Im glad I found this site......I own a rather small lawn maintanence company and a few of my clients want snow removed. Ive been debating on weather to go out and buy a truck so I can fit a plow or just buy a atv (which I went out and looked today) I figured with the atv I now would have my plow and a toy in the summer. That is if I have time to break away from mowing! What do you guys think?

10. cocamonkey

cocamonkey Junior Member
    from Iowa

Depends on how much you have to do and how much snow you get. An atv works great for smaller areas and handles most snows. I would suggest doing a parking lot with an atv- it would take a lot of time!!

11. badranman

badranman Senior Member

How much snow could a wolverine handle? I'm guessing it would be a POS. Just wondering.........:cool:

12. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I used to use (and still have) my 60 inch moose plow on my drive. Thats a 5 foot plow on a quad and i did just fine. Even with al the moter nature and Lake erie and its lake effect could throw at me. I used this plow on my wifes quad, a 300 pairie 4X4. Never underestamate these little machines. Theres a guy who uses them to plow a condo complex. He uses the quads to do the sidewalks and around the cars and the tight stuff. Then the truck move in and then finaly he brings the skid steer in the move the piles.......Rob

13. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I used to use (and still have) my 60 inch moose plow on my drive. Thats a 5 foot plow on a quad and i did just fine. Even with all the mother nature and Lake Erie and its lake effect could throw at me. I used this plow on my wifes quad, a 300 prairie 4X4. Never underestimate these little machines. Theres a guy who uses them to plow a condo complex. He uses the quads to do the sidewalks and around the cars and the tight stuff. Then the truck move in and then finally he brings the skid steer in the move the piles.......Rob

14. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

me and my toy waiting for the snow to come

atv.jpg

15. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

that thing looks brand new, how do you keep it so clean ??

16. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

that thing looks brand new, how do you keep it so clean ??

17. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Hers my old beast with a 60 inch (5 foot) plow.

view3.jpg

18. cigam

cigam Guest

the frame of the plow is too small/weak. If I was driving the four wheeler with my abuse, I'd probably break it. I've broken frames on garden tractors before.

jakesbolens1050plowing.jpg