1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My little helper

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Playboy, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

My 6 year old playing with the handheld.

Dee plow1.JPG

Dee plow 2.JPG
  2. payton

payton Senior Member

nice my 5 yr old soon to be 6 loves my remote and is always daddy can i do it..lol

3. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Well i'm on his side. It is a bit fun to use. I took these pics this morning while waiting for the bus. I was outside the truck when the bus came and he wanted to get a few moves in before getting on the bus. I assume it was for bragging rights on the way to school.
  4. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Good stuff Playboy! I got two boys at home that love raising & lowering, angling the plow. My 4 year went plowing with me a few times last season...never in my wildest dreams would I guess that someone could fall asleep while plowing.:)

My 2 year plowed my driveway with me last week, he can't talk real well yet but he sure was jabbering away...think he had fun.

5. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Isn't it a good feeling when you make their day? I haven't had enough snow yet to take my boys with me but as soon as there is a school closing and I have to take a sick day to stay with the kids, they'll be with me...
  6. go plow

go plow Senior Member

PLAYBOY, you just brought back some good memmories of when i was your son's age, i loved going plowing with my dad in his 75 j10, knowing how i felt,and still feel now, you made your boy's day!!!!!!!!!! but be careful, he might start taking some of your accounts over!!!! hahahaha
  7. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

My 7 year old loves to plow with me . He knows when I put it in drive he drops it and when I put it in reverse he raises it. It makes it fun.
  8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

My dad is like the grounds keeper at his office for overtime and plowing is one of the things he does there. I have been going in the truck every storm plowing with dad since i was 6 and have been plowing that place on my own since i was 8, decent sized parking lot with some smaller areas for the company trucks. Ive gotten very good at plowing and cant wait to be doing it on my own next year.

Guys, my dad started me riding on his lap just steering while he opporated the plow, shifter and pedals. Then i started using the plow control and steering, then, i just ended up doing it all, i learned in steps when i was really your and that really helped me.

9. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

I guess one of the things that make it fun is that is it sorta like destruction. You go in and see the nice smooth snow covered surface and mess it all up leaving big piles every where. My son thinks it's a robotic shovel. He was mad that I took the plow off this morning.
  10. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

mcwlandscaping ..We all love it but... and don't get me wrong, I like you enthusiasm but.

Someday when you have a chance to go out with some hot babe or even worse have a chance to make a snowman or go sledding with you kids. and see the customers having fun with there kids and you have to work plowing, you're going to be bummed.. you'll see soon enough!
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  11. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

YAZ, i agree with you 100%, thats why im doing it all i can now and in the future before that stuff happens. hopefully ill still love it!!!!:waving:
  12. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

You will still love it. I'm sure.

When your a old and have kids of your own you'll be plowing with them thinking of the story you told us with you and your dad.
  13. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

my favorite is plowing on christmas morning looking in at all the customers opening presents with their families and knowing my wife and little boy are waiting til i get home to do the same. i can honestly say that is the only time i wish i had an office job.
  14. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

Not me, I don't really mind plowing on Christmas. It kinda sucks having to work but payup

15. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

I experienced that last year. I have 4 kids. 12(G)/ 11(B)/ 6(B)/ 4 months(B). we have a snow man kit and last year we only got to make one snowman. The wife and kids wanted to make one every big snow storm. This year we'll do more. I got the kids snow boots and water proof gloves for Christmas.
  16. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

i remember being your sons age and going out plowing with dad in the beat up f250 we had. some of the best memories of my life. teach your son well becuz im sure on his 16th birthday he'll be asking for a plow truck:nod:
  17. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Thats what I need a copilot!! do you think I can teach the dog to run the plow!!:waving:
  18. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

no but i bet you can teach him to climb on the hood and lick the ice off the wipers LoL
  19. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Someone taught you (old dog) didn't they???:D :D

Dang boys out East are getting all our snow, what the heck's up with that?

20. MichiganPlowMan

MichiganPlowMan Junior Member

My 15 year old daughter went as my helper last week she was real thrilled, NOT! especially when she was dead asleep and we hit the manhole cover LOL what a way to get jarred awake