1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My "like new" 1997 Dodge 2500

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by camp61, Dec 26, 2011.

1. camp61

camp61 Member

Hey, I'm fairly new to the site but thought people might like to see my new find. 1997 Dodge 2500 in like new condition with only 65,000 miles. Also brand new 8 ft Boss SD straight blade plow. Can't wait to get out and move some snow which we really haven't had yet in the Grand Rapids MI area.

97 Dodge 2.jpg

97 Dodge.jpg

97 Dodge 3.jpg

2. I HATE RUST

I HATE RUST Senior Member
    from PA

nice rig, good luck this year. any other plans for upgrades? backup lights, tow mirrors, amber lights

3. camp61

camp61 Member

Thanks, No plans for any dress ups yet. Between buying the truck and the new Boss plow that will have to wait awhile. I do have a portable magnetic amber light for the roof when plowing. I'm just using my truck this year to plow out my compound. Four houses on a private road.

4. camp61

camp61 Member

Just for you "I Hate Rust"
    This is my old plow truck.

95 Ford.jpg

95 Ford 2.jpg

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Very clean 97, nice rig. I'm loving my 99 so far, it plows and rides excellent. If you are looking for new front springs I can't say enough about the progressive rate coils I got at rockauto.com for $125 shipped to my door. The truck rides awesome with or without the plow on.

6. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

7. camp61

camp61 Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys. As I stated earlier, between buying the truck and the new Boss, upgrades will have to wait. I won't be earning monies much with this truck. I used my old truck as a sub the last two years and just plain wore it out. Not willing to do that to my new purchase. I did however tell my old boss that if he wanted me to plow for him I would have to do it in one of his trucks. two hours later I was all set up in 2005 Dodge 5500 w/dump box and augur style salter. I've had one trip out in it just to salt and I'll tell you that salter takes some getting used to.

8. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

It is pretty Clean, Diesel?

9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like a V8 badge on the door.

10. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Couldn't tell.:dizzy:

11. camp61