1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MY LIGHTS WONT WORK help asap

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by rfed32, Feb 25, 2007.

1. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

i have everything hooked up right and gone over everything a million times and they jst wont work....when i plug it in it stays on the truck doesnt switch over to the plow....WHAT TO DO NEED HELP ASAP

2. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Change your relays

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you don't have high OR low beams on the plow them changing the relays isn't gonna fix your problem as I doubt both relays are bad (one is for low beam and one is for high beam). Does your parking lights on the plow work? Is this a 9 pin harness?

4. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

9 pin no parking lights go on...and the relays are brand new

5. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Check power at your brown wire to relays. No power to brown wire =no lights. Check for ground at black w/orange wire. If you ground this wire and run 12V to brown wire and they come on, bingo. Brown wire has to be tapped into running light wire behind front turn signals.

6. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Hey. It was a place to start with no information. Man, you guys are quick to jump someone's ass here. You can all go to hell!

7. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

jst wanted to come back to this and thank everyone for there help and let u guys know i am a jack ass i forgot to hook the brown wire up to anything so thanks a lot for the help

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Glad to hear you can see again!:)