1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My light blew up

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by dyllan78, Jan 31, 2014.

1. dyllan78

dyllan78 Member

My plow is about 5 years old with the newer style lights. I heard a pop and sure enough my high beam popped. Don't know why. Does anyone know why it happened and is there anyone selling a drivers side light. Seems kinda pricy. What if it happens again.

2. alcoman50

alcoman50 Senior Member

Sounds like a bulb blew. They are standard automotive bulbs. What make of plow are you running? Fisher or Western new style are H13 bulbs. You can find them at any auto parts store. Two screws on the back of the light housing and it opens up to give you access to the bulbs.

3. dyllan78

dyllan78 Member

I would replace bulb but the actual housing inside melted. Now I'm stuck with having to buy the whole thing. Funny thing is that it was the high beam only and the bulb is still in tact, just a small melted hole next to it. Weird! Plow is a Hiniker straight blade poly