1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My latest purchase.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Duncan90si, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

2005 Ram 2500, ctd, 6sp, 115K miles.
    Manual windows and locks, no carpet just the way I like.
    I stuck my Western MVP and V box from my 95 C3500 that I've had to unfortunately retire from snow duty this past week.

2. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Good looking truck!
  3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

great looking set-up :drinkup:
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice setup! What happened to the Chevy?
  5. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

The 4l80e which has under 10K miles on it is being a POS and the end of the frame rails started bending from such a heavy plow on it. I caught everything in time before any serious damage was done. I'll fix the trans when I get time and keep it for a landscaping truck. (It is a dump.)
  6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Well that's no fun. That's the truck that was the sweeper right?
  7. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

sweet does it have the g-56 trans or the nv 5600
  8. CaptainSmokey

CaptainSmokey Senior Member

nice looking truck
  9. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

'05 is NV5600. I believe that '06 was the year they switched back to the Getrag (aka Get-a-Rag) transmissions... I've never been a Getrag fan... the NV is stronger, better aftermarket support (upgrades and rebuild) and in the early 90's the NV was a MUCH smoother and quieter transmission to operate than a GetRag....

Sharp truck, I am sure you will love it!! :nod:

THE-BOSS-PLOWS Senior Member

Nice Looking Dodge.
  11. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

pretty nice replacement truck good luck . are you planning on running air bags on new turck ?
  12. snow hoe

snow hoe Junior Member

This is my hoe
    05 F250 super cab with a fisher X Blade
  13. QKSnowRemoval

QKSnowRemoval Senior Member

good to see another Dodge at work, nice truck and western equipment
  14. sno commander

from ct

they swithced in 05 sometime, some 05's have the g-56 some have the nv5600. i personally like the nv5600 for durability but the g-56 has a softer clutch and easier to shift than the nv 5600. ;)
  15. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Correct. It has served me very well and has taken more abuse than any truck ever deserves to see.

As far as the trans, to be honest I don't know. I haven't looked at it at all. I'm guessing there is an ID tag on it? Or whats the easiest way to tell them apart?

I don't really think it needs airbags at all. It sits and rides fairly well with the plow on, and it has Timbrens in the rear to help when the spreader is full.
  16. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

So you bought it! Congrats and it looks like a very nice truck. Yeah both mine are no carpet and manual windows etc-wouldn't mind power windows though. You got that thing setup pretty quick. Bring on the snow!
  17. sno commander

from ct

wheres reverse if its the g-56 reverse should be lower left if its the nv5600 upper right
  18. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck. I also plow with a 6 speed and now I walk funny. Just kidding.
  19. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Reverse is up and right.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm a GM man that just bought my second Dodge truck ever and my first Cummins.
  20. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

So you didnt have to mess with the chute? Looks great!