1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Latest Plow Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Case580M, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Case580M

Case580M Senior Member

Bought this truck this past july with intent of a nice plow truck.

Spent a few months getting the mechanicals ready for some serious work.

Added a 1995 Lightning 5.8L engine

Just a Custom Cab with Heavy Duty service suspension, HD ZF 5spd (wide ratio)
    4:10 gearing. Adding Posi to front very soon. Does not even have A/C a total stripper ready for WORK.

It will be getting a new Blizzard 810PP tomorrow! Pics of plow soon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nhgranite

nhgranite Senior Member
    from N.H

love that body style. good luck.

3. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

That truck will serve you well older F-150's make great driveway/small commercial lot rigs..

4. Case580M

Case580M Senior Member

TKS, I forgot to mention this is actually a F250 8600# version

5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

That is F ing awesome. nice truck, cant wait to see it with the plow.

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Nice F250!! I didn't even have to look at the badging to know that one.

7. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

that is an awsome truck my favorite body style of all time. i have a 1993 same truck im restoring. it was my first truck and i ran an 8ft western.

i feel like i cant post this until i mention the dana 50 ttb is not enough to handle a blizzard 810pp. it WILL break. in order to run that plow on that truck you will need to upgrade to a dana 60 straight axel. do a search to see what im talking about.

8. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

yes he is right about the axles breaking my uncle has 4 93 f250s and they have 9ft westerns and every one has had new front axles at least once under 70tho miles

9. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

real clean truck i bet she really goes to with that 351
    wish my engine in my 87 was that clean haha

10. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

I used to use a old stroker f250.....the axel broke on the drivers side. We took it off, ground it out where it cracked (inside of the leaf spring) Welded the p!ss out of it. Put some 1/4" strap across the bottom where it broke for about 6-8", welded that to it also. We even went to a junk yard and picked up some springs off of a 1ton. Took the most arched one out of the pack and put it into the 250's pack. Put it all back together, talk about a stiff front end! We only had a 7'6" boss straight blade on it and the axel still broke. It did have a plow on it for like, 4 years tho w/o any problems.

11. green frog

green frog Senior Member

If you have a good 4wd shop around they can make the dana 50 work. They weld 2 or 3 small trusses at weak points. They suggest to stay 8 or 8.5 plows.

12. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

My bad looked briefly:eek: nice F-250 makes a great commercial lot rig...!

13. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I've had 3 F250's with the TTB and each one had an 8' Fisher Speedcast. Never had a problem.

I was just bustin' chops TurfCommando, :p

14. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Post some pics with the plow on it when you get it done.

15. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a nice clean truck

16. Case580M

Case580M Senior Member

Just got home with new plow after driving 250 mi each way to pick it up and waiting for the install. (blown out shoulder so could not install myself)

in back of truck and after lifting it out with hoist. Its now installed but dark so pics with it on truck will have to wait until daylight.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Case580M

Case580M Senior Member

I did put in new severe duty joints on the front axles. I really do not expect to have an issue but if I do I will put in beefier axles. The Dana 50 is heavier duty than the std
    F250 dana 44.

I really do not want a solid f350 axle so this will have to work.

I would be curious to find out more about the Dana 50's having axle problems.

18. BORIS

BORIS Senior Member

I like the nra sticker

19. Rubicon 327

Rubicon 327 Senior Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

All that White, no one is going to see you coming in a snow storm!:D

Nice job with the truck and plow!.....wish I had that lift!

Good Luck with it!payup

20. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Very cool set up but I cant help but think for how much cash you have invested you could have purchased a newer truck. Cool either way:drinkup: