1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My latest addition to my snow plowing equipment

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ken643, Jan 20, 2014.

1. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Just bought this after watching youtube videos, I was impressed with how fast it does walks. tomorrow will be its first snow.

snowblowerjeep.jpg

2. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Awesome Ken!

3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Very nice, you'll like it. It's the smaller one right?

4. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

It's the 4 stroke electric start 418 model

5. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC Junior Member

that 418 is my favorite of all the blowers we have. If it's going to snow 4" or under, I'll only throw that in the truck. So light and powerful for its size! Great machine, I'll be adding more next year.

6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Be ready to walk your bass off I have one and its a badass blower I used it from 2'' to 8'' and 418 will eat the snow

mine fits perfect beside my V box on my flat bed

Starts everytime even when temps was -17 below with 30mph wind

I drop my sidewalk crew and each rig takes care of there walks these 418 is the checker

I don't have electric model that's more weight. The less weight the better lifting in the back of flat bed

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  7. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Yes that's what I saw on videos. Glad to hear you have a good experience with them.

8. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

Just bought the 21" model after 4 yrs with an Ariens. Great snowblower, not looking back. Handled over a foot with no problem.

9. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

I hear there great for walks, Thumbs Up

10. Antlerart06

I'm going get a 721 model soon my dealer can get one I was going go with 621 but I like what you get with 721 to have at one my complex stored onsite

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  11. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

I wanted the 721 at first but after seeing the 418 and wanted a nice fit in jeep. 418 won. Plus you can pick it up with one hand

12. Antlerart06

O I know 418 is the ticket for loading
    When I get the 721 like I said it be stored onsite at my big complex

Last Snow fall of 8'' + drifts my recoil on the ATV broke and lock the flywheel up so ATV wouldn't start So we used 418s to clean the walks.
    One drift I had there was at least 36'' It took time but the 418 did eat it
    Just be nice insurance to have a bigger blower onsite

One tip once you wear past the holes they say you need to change the paddles well I'm past that holes and still cleans well. I bought a new paddle and scraper and belt off Ebay 49 ship to me to have on hand once it stops cleaning down to pavement.

13. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Thanks for the tip!

14. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I thought about the 18, but as much sidewalks as I do the 3" did make a difference. I do however think that the 21 is slightly too heavy to be lifting in and out of my truck. But it is what it is right. They have gained some weight since my dad's 20" was made.