1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my kids first 4x4

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by IPLOWSNO, Sep 22, 2010.

1. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i needed something in my fleet that got good gas mileage. running into town is only2 miles but they do it 20 times a day.

for the summer i got them scooters, perfect 4 bucks a week in gas, but then it rains and i am back in commuter duty which i hate so i found a 4x4 perfect for them.

my daughter and i went for a road trip to get it, itwasmint on the phone and not so mint when we actually seen it.

she liked it so we got it last friday,shes been matting down my lawn practicing the art of the stick shift all weekend and then i rolled her into the shop for a do over.

the buggy is a very capable buggy and i cant wait for snow lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have honestly never sean one of the before.

3. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

What are you going to hang off the front? Is that going to be the new sidewalk machine? :D

4. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

lets see a pic after the spray job.
    Robert

5. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Aw, now ain't that cute. :drinkup:

What is it? A Suzuki? Think I've seen a couple around here...

6. exmark

exmark Senior Member

A kid at school had one of those but it was a chevy. He got some much **** for it, it wasn't even funny.

7. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I saw your thread over on contractor talk about this. My friend in high school had one of these, we used to call it the roller skate. Looks like a cool resto job, looking forward to the finished pics. Good luck!

8. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

so what is it?

9. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

Upon further investigation it appears to be a Suzuki X-90.

10. IPLOWSNO

haha its cute and capable.

perfect for what i want it for, my kid will have it a year then go to college, then i figure because it will be me and my wife then, i want to build a tear drop camper that will haul my bike and also be a tent and just go somewhere. then when i am sick of that, i figure a goldwing will haul the camper and i will put a gsxr motor in the x90 and play. but my wife really likes it.

my first drawing i did was awesome but it was too man influenced, seeing a girl will drive it.

so i had to scale back a little for her liking, but i still have to be able to drive it lol and i am manly enough to pull it off as my buddy said hahaha he means i am the guy that would pull you out of your car to see what you said . that was in my youth dam it .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it really is a capable little buggy, laugh it has a transfer case and a frame lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55ZS3tvwlQs

11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That is an awsome paint job. You did it yourself?

12. IPLOWSNO

thanks mercer,

yea i did it in 3 days friday sat, and sunday. alot of taping was involved.

i did the caprice in the background first, then i did my bike and then this one, each time making it harder than the first lol

funny what ya can learn on youtube hahaha

13. IPLOWSNO

here it is in the garage getting the extra colors

[​IMG]

14. IPLOWSNO

15. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Nice eye lashes on the head lights. haha. Nice work with a sprayer though

16. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Nice work, custom paint takes alot of patience.

17. IPLOWSNO

thanks for the comments guys

my kid loved the eyelashes,lol you can imagine by that time i am breathing paint lol maybe i will try a scuba mask next time lol

i have an air fed sandblasting hood, but was afraid the mist would just coat the lense.

the spraying is really the easy part its the taping that will get ya because you have to think about what your doing lol

18. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

yeah, the taping would get me. way to time consuming and i'm a little impatient. haha

19. IPLOWSNO

i heard that lol i ripped tape try that and be accurate,it can be a jumbled mess in 2 seconds and tape is like 6 bucks a roll .to just throw away ?

20. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

That paint job looks great!