1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Kage plow fix

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NorthernSvc's, Dec 28, 2009.

1. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

So this fall while we were unearthing our equipment and prepping everything i noticed the following.

i cleaned it off and re welded the bottom bolt and since then it has been fine.
    i called Kage about the problem and they are sending me a new oscilation plate and center bolt! for free ( poor design anyways, they said they have had a few problems with this desing so they changed it)

030.JPG

041.JPG

042.JPG

045.JPG

2. NorthernSvc's

so i ground down the the center washer, heated up the bent oscilation plate and re welded everything

050.JPG

052.JPG

058.JPG

060.JPG

064.JPG

3. NorthernSvc's

all finished and gave it a quick rattle can paint job

068.JPG

4. APLC

APLC Senior Member

wow dam good looking welding, looks better then there design good job

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Now grind it down and put a piece of 1/4 plate on the top of it. I'm surprised how light the A frame is. Looks good how you fixed it. I hope for you it doesn't happen again.

6. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Dave's right! The plate would really beef it up

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I wasn't trying to be an azz either. You could also throw a grease fitting in there also while you have it tore apart.:drinkup:

8. NorthernSvc's

yea was thinkin about it, it wasn't a weak joint or anything more so the fact that it was a booger weld - the bead never penetrated into the oscilation plate...it already has a zerk on the top part of the center pin...

9. NorthernSvc's

also i wa sbein lazy and didn't feel like cutting a 1.5" hole in 1/4" plate:D

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Hopefully it holds the way it is forever.:drinkup:

11. NorthernSvc's

we shall see... if not kage is sending me the new modified ( fixed version with a thicker plate already in it...)