1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Humble Tools....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SnowBoss, Jan 17, 2006.

1. SnowBoss

SnowBoss Junior Member

Of the trade! :)

2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

V plow on the ATV is pretty cool, I have not seen one of those yet, shows you how much I get out :dizzy: Nice set up just the same !!
  3. SnowBoss

SnowBoss Junior Member

Thanks for the Comp!

This is the second V in 5 years. Had a 60" for a season prior. If you have an ATV, I don't recommend putting one on it! :nono: You'll wind up putting a "V" plow on the front of your truck! :) I Did! lol I just won't have anything else!

The Glasier mount is great! The plow is on and off in less than 30 seconds!-- really! The blower takes about two min. at the most!

In the pic above, everything fits is the trailer, minus the ATV with the plow, (last 2 seasons set-up) as I interchange the blower and plow on the 800. :)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
  4. Remsen1

Remsen1 Senior Member

I'm curious about an average day for you? Do you just go out with the truck and then come back at a later time with the trailer, or do you hook and unhook alot, or do you have a large account where you leave the wheelers locked inside the trailer?

Nice stuff BTW!

Are the wheelers summer toys or do you put them to work in the summer too?
  5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

nice atvs i like the v-plow but is it wide enough to cover the width of the tires
  6. SnowBoss

SnowBoss Junior Member

Yes, even in full "A" position.

It's a Most formidable piece of equipment! I'd say 98% of the time it's in the full "V" and the other 2% in the "A" position. Move and Stack--or--Cut A path!
  7. SnowBoss

SnowBoss Junior Member

I go out with the trailer, as most of my work requires the ATV and blowers. Let's just say, I'm pretty specialized, and use everything down to the shovel!

Whatever it takes to Get-Er-Done!

ATV are in and out of trailer, but Always within cross hairs--I mean sight! :gunsfiring: :)

The ATV's are tools! 90% of the time! And 10% ear-to-ear, go anywhere FUN! the rest. :cool:
  8. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I have not seen a V plow on an ATV. Is it power or do you have to get off to adjust it? Either way it looks great!!!!
  9. SnowBoss

SnowBoss Junior Member

There manual, and I'd say 98% of the time it's in the full "V" and the other 2% in the "A" position. Although I've abused it in all positions!--There a good unit. :nod:
  10. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

any more pics of the fourwheeler with the snowblower
  11. SnowBoss

SnowBoss Junior Member

I sure do! I been so busy the past couple weeks--Movin Snow--payup :salute: Cascades are gettin' Hammered! Yaaaa Hooo! :) I'll post some later.

6 events in the past two week! With no less than 3" per, and day before yesterday a wet 10"+ DUMP!!!

Two Winter Storm Warnings And Two Advisories, hit there mark!

And More To Come! :cool:
  12. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

I just bought a 2006 Brute Force and wanted to put on a V, but the dealer said it wasn't a very sturdy plow, especially the adjusting arms. I don't think you would agree from what I'm seeing. I really wanted the V. I bought the machine to take care of sidewalks and the V seemed like the best idea, but I became concerned after talking to the dealer. Have you had any problems with the adjusting arms breaking? I agree, I have a Vee on my F450 and wouldn't have it any other way!!:blush2:
  13. SnowBoss

SnowBoss Junior Member

Must admit, he's right. The adjusting arms are the weak link, they're made of Aluminum. I use only 2 positions, (for the most part), "V" and Scoop, and haven't tweeked them nearly as bad as when I moved snow with the blabe str8, and with the wings attached.

The arms could be Very easily built and replaced with steel, (on my to do list). Until then, thumping the tweeked arm with a hammer, is usually enough.

As much as I've overloaded the plow, It's never broke!

Even with this small weakness, I wouldn't have anything else! Been there! lol :cool:
  14. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

dude your killing me, i wish i lived in the cascades