1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My homemade V-Plow!

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Philbilly2, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

This is how we move snow in Northern IL. All of us are to cheap to buy a v-plow so we just use 2- 8'6" plows backed by the power of a couple DURAMAX'S!!!

Only one thing dumb was stopping to take the picture. We couln't get the traction without the backs of our trucks wanting to have a little makeout session. Oh well, just single pushed it out and didn't stop for no more pictures!

December 4/5 - Got 16 1/2 hours in but we were robbed of our snow last night. Went to bed right when I got home from work got a call at 10:00pm and told no go, snows over. :realmad: Oh well, I probley need the sleep anyway!

Snowplowin 003.JPG

Snowplowin 006.jpg

Snowplowin 002.JPG

2. TimberCreek

TimberCreek Junior Member

Been There Done That, And It Works

3. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

we need a video for sure :D

4. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

Yup:nod:

2 1984 F-250's with 6.9's in 1992

5. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Pretty pricy equipment to be taking that kind of risk. Either one loses a little traction in the push & slides into the other, it would make for an expensive night.

6. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

does work nice when it works with out the trucks " making out "

7. Philbilly2

yep, you just gotta watch yourself. I will only do it with a couple of the guys I plow with. There is a huge level of trust and respect that you both have to have in each other to get within inches of a guys truck and know that you both have a lot to loose if you screw up.

But when all goes well..... dang can you move some snow!

I'll try to get a video in the next snow.

8. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

Not worth the risk IMO. Does look cool though.

9. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Like Philbilly2 said, You don't just do that with anyone. You need someone who has been doing this for years and know what they are doing. I see what you are saying and it could happen if you are not careful, but you have all seen my videos and you know we do it all the time. We have been doing that for many years and never had a incident. Not to say it couldn't happen, but we feel pretty comfortable doing it.

10. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

with the plows angles its pretty quick to pull out if ya get nervous... definately easier when doing it w/ someone thats got a little experience, both my guys this year are new and it makes me nervous being so close to them...

11. Philbilly2

I don't every really worry about doing the "Flying Vee" with the guy in the picture. We have been plowing toghter for years and I can trust him. We both know what we need to do to make it work every time. We have been doing this type of push for years.

You have to have the type of person that you can be in the same small lot with them and you know that the two of you will not crash. If there is any question in you mind, that if you were backing up and they were somewhere behind you, that you would hit.... not your guy!

12. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Thats very impressive, i need to try that! The trucks look awsome to!

13. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

We do that quite often at the college I work at, only we use a Chevy 3500 dually with a Boss v plow and a Dresser loader with a 12' highway blade. It keeps this interesting, but it works good.

14. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

we do it with our skids on all the big lots....i wont let the guys do it with the trucks though

15. dirtmovr

dirtmovr Junior Member

Makes for quick snow removal. We used to do that with 2 Cat 140G graders and a 950 Cat loader. Angle both blades toward each other and sideshift them all the way to the inside, then put the loader between them with the bucket hooked behind the moldboards of the graders. The graders could not slide sideways because the loader was behind each blade. Very effective in large open lots. Trust is the main issue, we were running about three inches apart.

16. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

got to love the Duramax. Good Idea.

17. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Ditto..........

18. Philbilly2

19. santelikk

santelikk Member

Was that from this sat/sunday storm?

20. Philbilly2

yeah the video was Sunday at about 2:00pm.

the pictures are from December 4th and 5th storm.