1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Homemade Skidsteer Bucket

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by bashbro1, Jan 15, 2010.

1. bashbro1

bashbro1 Junior Member

We just got this finished so I thought I would get it posted. We are still in the process of finishing painting it. We had a blizzard the day after it got finished and its been putting in overtime. We finally got a lull and are painting it.
    Its a skidsteer bucket. 8' 41" deep 34" Tall

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

nice looking bucket

3. OldCrow

OldCrow Member

This is home made? Wow. That is very impressive. May have to ask you to make one for mine! How did you bevel the steel for the lip of the bucket? Any pictures of it on the machine?

4. bashbro1

bashbro1 Junior Member

The edge is factory made cutting edge. Just plain purchased. Its more expensive than flat steel but not an awful lot.

Thanks for the compliment but I think we will stay away from the fab side. If you noticed the bucket is in my garage. I did have a local welding shop do the long welds to save my Harbor Freight Equipment from a short life. But we were able to do a good amount of work with minimal tools. Welder, Torch, Chop Saw, Grinder, Bench Press. Lots of discs for the grinder and shop saw etc. etc.

5. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Nice looking job. We build alot of our stuff also. Recently built a cage type plow , the one that is a blade then you drive into the box plow part.
    Hope it works good for you..

6. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Looks very nice. I like how you put the mesh so you can see thru and keeps the overall weight down.
    Which machine will you run that on.

7. AGMI

AGMI Member
    from NE Mass

Cool...I just bought 2 and was thinking of making another...I have the Plow setup. How much did it run you?

8. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Oh we might have $500 in steel and waterjetting , welding rod etc. We already had the 12' power angle plow. I will get some pics of it . It came out great and works great. We havent painted it yet , because snow fell and we shipped it out.

9. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Nice job man that looks like you bought it from a dealer

10. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Who does your Water jetting? I am in Gorham and have been looking for someone with a water jet or plasma jet. Rather pay for someone to make my parts than torch it.

11. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice job! :salute:

But why the weld in edge as well as the bolt on edge? To save the weld- on?

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking bucket. I see you also got the bottom of the bucket rolled.

13. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

It doesn't look like a smooth roll rather a few breakes. Looks nice I'll take one:D

14. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

I have a couple of plasma cutters for up to 3/4" but I had McCann fabrication of New Gloucester, water jet some 1" thick plate to make the top connecting brackets for the cage. I will get pics asap , but plow is in Auburn at plow site. doug

15. bashbro1

bashbro1 Junior Member

Pics of Bucket on My Machine

Pics of Bucket on My Machine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

That looks like a winner....I like it...good job.

17. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Don't over do it strapping her down:D

18. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

were you trying to save filler rod, and thats why the welds are spotty?

but other than that nice looking bucket

19. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

And the turd in punch bowl comment.

20. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

lol i said it was a nice bucket, i was actually debating whether i would put that in. but dont worry mayor, i still love you